Author Topic: Gathering Feathers  (Read 1774 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

Gathering Feathers
« on: January 09, 2014, 11:40:54 am »
I've never read anything about getting the feathers off of the bird but this is how I do it.  I decided to shoot a video on how I get all the good fletching feathers off of a peacock.  I guess same applies to turkeys, guineas, and any other larger bird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGeC15ZAMiE&feature=c4-overview&list=UU9l4lrfkOEV5iNSju5GxM_g

How do you get your feathers off the bird?  Is there some secret technique that I'm missing?
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Davesea

Re: Gathering Feathers
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 01:53:13 pm »
I harvested a Peacock in Hawaii. Really liked the cinnamon colored primaries.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 02:08:59 pm »
Tim when I take wing & tail feathers off I just take a pair of wire cutters & cut them off the other ones should pull off or a dip in hot water will make them pull out easy.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 02:12:04 pm »
Tim when I take wing & tail feathers off I just take a pair of wire cutters & cut them off the other ones should pull off or a dip in hot water will make them pull out easy.
Well that ain't very primitive  >:D  Then again, I guess I should have used a stone blade
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!