Author Topic: Tried out tim's fletching style  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Barefoot_Jake

• "I don't regard nature as a spectator sport."
Tried out tim's fletching style
« on: January 09, 2014, 01:42:36 pm »
So after seeing Tim's fletching video I gave it a try out because I had a bamboo arrow shaft laying around. I wasn't as primitive as him using super glue and thread to fix every thing up  >:D. But it came out great It shoots really well and I haven't even trimmed any of the feathers. With a little more practice I could make some really nice arrows with this fletching style thanks for the idea Tim!

For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. 1 John 3:11 KJV

Need any help with anything? I will gladly try to help you

Offline PrimitiveTim

Re: Tried out tim's fletching style
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 01:44:49 pm »
Haha awesome!  It's not my style though.  Folks have done that long before me.  Also, I don't think I do mine exactly like that but as long as it flies well!
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Barefoot_Jake

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 01:49:27 pm »
Ok I guess i shouldnt have said your style but I was inspired to recreate the style that you did  :D
For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. 1 John 3:11 KJV

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 02:10:34 pm »
Nice looking arrow.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 03:18:55 am »

And especially in a survival situation, when materials are not readily available, only one feather?  Wrap it like that, split it, and use the two sides, primary feather, split it, and spiral wrap it.  Simple and effective.  Can you imagine, some poor pioneer, getting shot with an arrow, with only one feather for the fletch?  "Dang it Jeb, I done got stuck by a "Poor" injun! :o ;D ;D

Wayne

Offline Barefoot_Jake

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 12:11:14 pm »

And especially in a survival situation, when materials are not readily available, only one feather?  Wrap it like that, split it, and use the two sides, primary feather, split it, and spiral wrap it.  Simple and effective.  Can you imagine, some poor pioneer, getting shot with an arrow, with only one feather for the fletch?  "Dang it Jeb, I done got stuck by a "Poor" injun! :o ;D ;D

Wayne

lol!  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 05:47:36 pm »
I always new this as a Seminole indian method of fletching. Works pretty good.