Author Topic: 2nd Annual Moon Tree Gathering  (Read 82707 times)

Offline hedgeapple

Re: 2nd Annual Moon Tree Gathering
« Reply #315 on: March 27, 2014, 02:37:08 am »
I got Clint's camper set up today.  Clint, you probably still want to bring your space heater if you have one.  We can use the one in my hotbox if not.

The other task for today was to get the tractor and boat out of the shed.  Simple enough, just drive the tractor out and hook to the boat and drag it.  But Murphy show up, that SOB.  The tractor is sick and it had a flat tire.  I had another trailer in front of the boat. It had a flat tire OFF the rim.  I can usually pop a tire back on the rim pretty easily.  But, I couldn't get the rim off the trailer and the tire was cold.  I piddle with that tire for an hour. Then said to hell with and drug it over the hill the way it was.  One of the boat trailer tires were flat, also.  Oh and my loving wife had 10 bags of leaves pile around the boat that had to be loaded and hauled away.

By this time my back was aching and my temper was frazzled.  An hour nap did wonders for the body and soul. I got 2/3 of the shop cleaned out.  That place was a mess.  I'll get the rest of straighten up tomorrow.

I got 65, target .357's loaded after dinner.  That gives me about 125 rounds to shoot.  If I need more, I'll just reload them.

The venison shoulders are set out to thaw. The plywood table is ready to set up.  The apple wood chunks are out of the weather.  Things are nearly ready.  :)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #316 on: March 27, 2014, 07:14:54 am »
Drive safe Dan-O. We need you in Marshall in a few months!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #317 on: March 27, 2014, 07:17:36 am »
Man Dave, sounds like you had a busy day. I hate it when Murphy visits without invite.

Finished a few primitive arrows today. Going to have to get some pointers this weekend on fletch wrapping feathers, but they shoot well.
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #318 on: March 27, 2014, 08:07:09 am »
I'll finish packing tonight after my son's baseball games, then head out pre dawn.  I plan a short stop over, but should arrive early morning.  Dave, I can help with any last minute preparations you may have.  I need to make a checklist, or I'm sure to forget something. ::)
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #319 on: March 27, 2014, 01:12:18 pm »

Thanks for all the work you are doing for us Dave.  And thanks again for the camper.

Here is the hackberry I'm bringing to split up.  There should be some good staves in them.  I sealed the ends but I didn't check the bark to see if it will slip off. 

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #320 on: March 27, 2014, 01:49:01 pm »
Good looking logs Clint.  Hope I don't forget my wedges!!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #321 on: March 27, 2014, 05:11:14 pm »
I'm bringing my splitting stuff Greg so we will bust it up one way or another.  I have the truck loaded up and ready to roll.  I can't wait to head down 75 south tomorrow

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #322 on: March 27, 2014, 08:05:33 pm »
nice looking logs OO Chicken.  But, I bet Daniel can split them with couple flattened 16 penny nails and ballpeen hammer.  ;)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline TRACY

« Reply #323 on: March 27, 2014, 08:39:07 pm »
Right handed sledge and wedges? I can only use left handed wedges and sledge ::)

Man, the gumbo is finishing and I'm not sure how much longer I can keep the rest of the family from overtaking me and eating it :D Found some crawfish and alligator to add to the sausage  ;)

Thanks Dave and see you tomorrow!

Tracy

It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #324 on: March 27, 2014, 09:58:37 pm »
Man, the gumbo is finishing and I'm not sure how much longer I can keep the rest of the family from overtaking me and eating it :D Found some crawfish and alligator to add to the sausage  ;)
I know what you mean Tracy, Just got about 10lb of catfish, bluegill and turtle season and breaded up for tomorrow's fish fry.  and my wife was putting pressure on me to fry some up and eat it tonight!!

All packed up..................no rain, rain dance completed and the rain gods are going to be kind to us tomorrow afternoon, but Saturday?  :-\ may need a little more work tomorrow night.  :laugh: ;)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline seabass

« Reply #325 on: March 27, 2014, 11:27:48 pm »
I am sorry that I will not be able to attend guys.work won't let me.i hope all you guys have a great time.i tried my best to get there.so sorry fellas.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #326 on: March 28, 2014, 12:11:59 am »
Gotta do whatcha gotta do, Seabass. Hate that you cant make it. See you at the Classic.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #327 on: March 28, 2014, 12:38:59 am »
ahh shuck, Seabass.  This news saddens me.  But I understand.  Guys we gotta recruit a doctor to attend this gathering.  That way we can all get notes to be absent from work.

See ya at the Classic.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #328 on: March 28, 2014, 12:46:12 am »
I don't go back until Tuesday Dave. 

Sorry you are going to miss out on all the fun Seabass.  Now the short/tall people ratio is going to be all screwed up.  Thanks for leaving me hanging Steve  ;D

Offline DLH

« Reply #329 on: March 28, 2014, 01:09:13 am »
I have most everything packed and will finish in the AM I made a list so I wouldn't forget anything but I'm sure that will happen. Idk if I can split those logs guys I'm getting old now that I'm married.  >:D I have my wedges in the truck and grabbing my favorite hammer at parents which is on the way. I think I may grab some drinks for everyone too anyone need diet or have a particular favorite?