Author Topic: MOJam 2014  (Read 45837 times)

Offline Onebowonder

Re: MOJam 2014
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 06:19:16 pm »
Due to a happy congruence of events, ...I was able to make a quick trip to the TN Classic this year as well!  I even got to see Dave his soggy-shoed son, and his beautiful towheaded little daughter while I was there!!!  (It's a good thing she has two older brothers and a dad that makes weapons for fun!)

Now I'm all rev'd up to go to MOJAM this year!  Heat be danged!!!

OneBow

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 10:29:03 pm »
Me too, I can't wait I have never been. But will be there with bells on. And note pad in hand. I'm working some bows now as well as some stuff to trade. Man this stuff is fun!  :laugh:
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline mobow

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 01:21:07 pm »
look forward to seeing everyone.   Keith

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 07:10:03 pm »
Can't wait to get there keith. My kids are looking forward to the pool as well. I'm hoping to take a full week off work this year and then maybe I will get to visit with everyone this year. working on a new tiller in set up to bring along too.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2014, 11:43:59 am »
Keith don't forget to bring my chair... :)  I'm retiring July 1 and will need it!  LOL  My wife says she is coming for the first time... hoping we can get the camp together another year.  Will get there early as well to do some visiting with friends before the masses appear...
Bob
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2014, 11:03:36 am »
Been getting things ready for awhile now. I asked for the whole week off so hopefully I'll be there Monday when the gate opens to give you guys a hand getting things ready. Also been getting some goodies together for the auction and clout shoot.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2014, 05:34:38 pm »
just letting my 'pencil holder' grow and getting the liquid refreshments ready...can't wait!
Bob

Offline gifford

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2014, 08:01:15 pm »
Hey Bob, heard from Sal or John? After 35 degrees last week, we're getting a bit warmer 85 ish today. Only a couple of months now...

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2014, 09:55:17 am »
got a couple of emails from Sal last week...haven't heard from John, but I did get in touch with Rob and told him he needs to be there.  It will be the first time for my wife... :)

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2014, 11:52:15 pm »
Looking forward to meeting the miss bob. Mine will be there again this year. My pencil holder is in full swing too. I hope say makes it with John this year. I want to show him my quiver I made from the yucca piece he gave me. It was my favorite until my oldest claimed it for himself.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2014, 12:35:24 am »
Hey Dvshunter, you wouldn't have a pic of that quiver that you could pm me. Maybe some of the process would be cool. I have a bunch of yucca. Was going to make some bow strings out of it for mojam.  But my hands can't do that much cordage at one time.

I plan on bringing some Osage to trade with. Looking for lots of things, I'm new to this stuff and need several things. Pm me if you have something.  Hope to see you all there. 

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2014, 01:24:48 pm »
While I have gone back to growing out the beard, (I HATE to shave), I doubt it will catch up to pencil gripping density in time for MOJAM.  I reckon I'll just have to fashion somthing workable out of a piece of duct tape!

OneBow

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2014, 12:23:21 am »
Good news today. My vacation was approved and I will have a good shot at being one of the first ones there this year. I'm off July 14th through the rest of the week. MOJAM here we come.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2014, 02:57:06 pm »
Don't hog it all man! I'll be there on Wednesday!

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2014, 12:23:46 am »
I'll try not to but no promises.
I actually got into my shop for an hour tonight. Time is flying as I'm trying to get things ready for mojam. The last two weeks always seem to disappear.  This year should be pretty big. The back cover of the Missouri conservationist had a young man whittling on a shave horse on it. Word is getting back out there it seems.