Author Topic: MOJam 2014  (Read 46033 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: MOJam 2014
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2014, 11:50:21 am »
I seen that. Last year the conservationists had a big write up about how to make a long bow. I think it was October's issue. That's what kinda got me started.
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2014, 12:06:55 am »
Well good. I figured it would spark a lot of interest.  There used to be a troop of scouts that came every year but they have been missing the last two years. Also just a reminder of the pot luck dinner on Saturday.  Most people bring ribeyes but lobster will do...
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2014, 06:57:52 pm »
Lol, how about prime rib!  I may be new to bows but not pot luck dinners!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2014, 12:55:41 pm »
How about Duck Englese with a Port wine reduction sauce and roasted new potatoes?  Perhaps a bit of raspberry tart with a mint creme glaze for desert?

OneBow

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2014, 01:02:45 pm »
mmmmmm :D

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2014, 03:14:14 pm »
How about Duck Englese with a Port wine reduction sauce and roasted new potatoes?  Perhaps a bit of raspberry tart with a mint creme glaze for desert?

OneBow

I'll just make my fried bacon,peppers,onions and corn side dish for the pot luck ... ;)
Might have some Anaheim  peppers from the garden by then and will stuff them with cheese, wrap with bacon and cook them up in camp. ;D

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2014, 01:13:41 pm »
Just over a month!  Time to start practicing at hitting a target at 125 yards... LOL... Love the Clout Shoot!
I'll try to get some kids arrows made for whoever needs them...
Can't wait! 
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2014, 11:30:26 pm »
I remember the clout shoot... I haven't made it down to one in three years and I bet I won't this year either.  Lol
I am ready to be there now. I have the whole week off finally and it's taking forever for it to get here.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Patches

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2014, 11:54:53 pm »
I thought that I was going to have to miss at least half of Mojam because of work, but the meeting I as going to have to go to has been cancelled. So I will be there early Thursday! I can't wait. Got a lot of projects I want to get finished before then.
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2014, 11:35:30 am »
Good deal patches, I have several projects to get done too and this is my busy time of the year. But I will breast bring some Osage with me and a stave I'm working on.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2014, 12:07:51 pm »
I'm not sure what I'm going to bring to work on. Maybe just the skins I have to get ready.  I am bringing two benches with me again this year and my calls and clamps and tools.

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2014, 11:33:50 am »
I bought up a bunch of string making stuff at a discount at the Classic, so I'll be bringing that stuff to make up both some tillering strings and finals for new bowyers.

OneBow

P. S.  - - - How do we PRE-Order shirts this year?  Am I too late to ask?  ...I may have several guys coming with me that'll want to get one.

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2014, 11:39:45 am »
We're coming again this year, have a daughter who's looking forward to it.  If Keith is taking ordersd, we want two XL shirts and a medium.

I ran into some three year old hedge splits a week ago, a friend who I taught to make bows had them and was loking for a few extra bucks so I helped him out.  Been drawknifing several days now and am maybe half done processing things up.  That and reading Stevenson's The Old Bowhunter has me in the mood for some bowmaking.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2014, 12:03:33 pm »
I bought up a bunch of string making stuff at a discount at the Classic, so I'll be bringing that stuff to make up both some tillering strings and finals for new bowyers.

OneBow

P. S.  - - - How do we PRE-Order shirts this year?  Am I too late to ask?  ...I may have several guys coming with me that'll want to get one.

Me 2 how would I get shirts? I for sure need a couple of 2xl's. And maybe a couple of other sizes.

Offline Patches

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2014, 02:21:30 pm »
I would bei nterested in a shirt too. 

I am not sure what I will bring to work on either.  I would like to bend a couple peices of osage on the reflex/deflex jig.

Officially starts a month from tomorrow!  It will be here before we know it. 
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."