Author Topic: Congratulations to IdahoMatt (Matt Kulchak) for winning December Self BOM with  (Read 6555 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Congratulations to IdahoMatt  (Matt Kulchak) for winning December Self BOM with his Mountain Maple D bow!!!

Here is the link to his build:  http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,43593.msg

Here is what Matt had to say of his build:  Finally got around to taking pics of this bow. It is my fist D bow, and my first time using mountain maple. It is a very nice wood to work. It smells nice and gave way readily to hand tools. Final specs are 58" ntn and pulls 47#@27". The tips are cow horn, first time working horn too. I like everything about horn but the smell. Kinda makes he hungry for steak. Only kidding. It started out with just under four inches of dried in reflex and hold just under an inch at rest. I was going to temper the belly but wanted to see if this wood could handle it. And it did. Any critique is more than welcome.

Matt Kulchak

Here are what some forum members had to say about Matt’s bow:

Really nice simple bow! I love mountain maple.   Zion

Excellent bow Matt, nice lean lines, great tiller and those tip overlays are perfect. Also like how smoothly you rounded all the edges, gives it a real clean look. My kinda bow there.  Badly Bent

Sweet! That's an exceptional bow. I just like looking at it.  Primitive Tim

That's about as perfect of a D bow tiller as I've seen. Beautiful.  hedgeapple

I really like the contrast between dark and the white maple. I've seen some awesome bows on this forum, but am always drawn to a simple bow. In this case, simple = outstanding! Love the look, great job. Dave Mc

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:50:00 pm by criveraville »
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
Congratulations Matt. Nice bend on that bow.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
congratulations Matt. That is a classic arc of a circle tiller for sure. Well done.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JB_474

Nice work Matt, Tiller looks spot on

Offline streamflyer

Congrats. It looks fantastic.

Offline IdahoMatt

Thanks guys it really means a lot

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Way to Matty!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Will H

Awesome! You had my vote :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline IdahoMatt

Thanks Chris and Will. Both of your bows are crazy awesome.