Author Topic: 2014 bow trade, read all the rules before signing up. CLOSED!!!  (Read 39479 times)

Offline 2014_Trade_Runner

2014 bow trade, read all the rules before signing up. CLOSED!!!
« on: January 25, 2014, 01:40:40 am »
                                                                                      SIGN UP WILL END ON FEB 1ST
                                                          (UNLESS WE DECIDE MORE TIME IS NEEDED FOR A BIGGER TURN OUT)

RULE 1

you need to have at lease 200 post to be eligible to sign up, there is one exception: if you have been making proven and safe bows for awhile and you can get an active and known member of this site to vouch for you

Rule 2

if i(BOWMAN53) or JWHalverson do not know who you are we will contact you to learn more about you. we will also ask mods/admins for their opinions. please dont be offended if we ask for more info on you, there are hundreds of members on here and we dont know all of you.

Rule 3

if you are under 18 you must get your parents permission and we must speak with them on the phone.

Rule 4

if for some reason you can not make a bow to ship, you must let us know. we will have the person making your bow send it to your recipient instead of to you. if you receive a bow and can not make one to ship you will be required to send the bow you received in its place. your recip should not have to suffer because you can't hold up your end of the deal. if you fail to make a bow and do not have a legitimate reason for why then you will be added to Mullets black book and banned from future trades (DUN DUN DUN!!!)

Rule 5 

the trade is open internationally but if we cant find someone to ship to you then you can either opt out or choose to send a bow and not receive. sorry if this sounds unfair but $100 plus to ship a bow over seas is alot of money.

Rule 6

we will check in with everyone at random through out the process to make sure everyone is on track. we will first contact you by pm, if you do not reply in a week then we will try calling you, if you do not call us back in a week then we will tell your "gifter" to stop building your bow until you contact us. 

Rule 7

to sign up you need to send me alll of the information as follows, your legal name, address you want the bow to be delivered to, general bow specs, whether you are a righty or lefty(wrong handed), and where you are comfortable shipping to. i also want a phone number so we may contact you if needed(this is for me and jw only, no one else will see this). all of this information is private and will not be given out to anyone except the person who is making a bow for you.

example.

jordan gutierrez
1007 bluebell dr apt. c
livermore ca 94551
 50-60# @ 26"
righty
U.S shipping only
(408) 555-888

I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WOULD PLEASE USE THE FORMAT I USED ABOVE WHEN YOU PM ME, IT MAKES IT EASIER TO COPY AND PASTE.

research your recipient and see what their preferences are, if you dont feel comfortable making something that they favor then just make the absolute best bow you are comfortable making. please do not procrastinate, you have a long time to build but dont let that time fool you, it goes by fast.

you will have until Aug,15 to ship your bow out and you can ship as soon as your done if you like.

if you have any questions please ask them here and we will answer them as soon as possible, we will be watching this post closely.

so with all that said, lets get this thing rolling.

list so far.

BOWMAN53
autologus
Mikekeswick
Idahomatt
blaflair2
duolosparachristos
patb
DuBois
turtle
4dog
rps3
Bushboy
RBLusthaus
killir duck
country
tetaxidermy
JLoranger
bubbles
INK
TattooDave
WildKatt
Skarhand
huisme
DGF
Paulsemp
beetlebailey1977
WoodBenderDW
Bubby
NeolithicMan
TrapperRob
Pincushion
Auggie
Parnell
Fred Arnold
JonW
Koan
uncleduck
Hunterbob
Steelslinger
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 12:35:56 pm by 2014_Trade_Runner »
BOWMAN53 AND JW_Halverson

Offline BOWMAN53

Re: 2014 bow trade, please read all the rules before signing up
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 01:49:25 am »
IM IN!!!  i cant wait to see who i get!!!!

mikekeswick

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 04:17:16 am »
I'm in for sure. I've missed out on the past bow trades. I've only ever really shot my bows so it will be fun to shoot someone elses. I would have to ship mine either in early June or early September though because I'm off to the woods for three months.... ;)

Offline 4dog

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 08:36:44 am »
ya looked like a nascar driver for sec there Jordan...as quick as ya just changed hats!!!  count me in !!!
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline echatham

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 09:33:15 am »
well i don't meet the post count, but i've been active for a while on other forums, and i know several people on here, would anyone care to vouch for me?  don't take this post as me signing up just yet though... need to think about it a couple days.

Offline seminolewind

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 09:37:15 am »
I'll be sitting this one out  :-[ gotta get a couple good bows under my belt first. Next year though it on!!!
"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 09:53:26 am »
When's the dead line to ship and stuff?
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 09:59:33 am »
I am in for sure.  I joined last year right before the bow grate and followed it closely.  I am super pumped to gift a bow to someone on here.  Can't wait

Offline mwosborn

• Mitch Osborn
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 10:31:08 am »
When's the dead line to ship and stuff?

Rule # 7 at the bottom.
Enjoy the hunt!  Mitch

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 10:37:18 am »
Lol I missed that part! Thanks!
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 11:19:02 am »
 ;D IM in as always  >:D My only question is who do i send the pm to. :D

Katt

I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 11:52:02 am »
Katt, send the PM to  "2014_Trade_Runner" This account was made for Jordan specifically for this bow trade and will be deleted when the trade is done.

I'm in too. PM sent, Jordan.  8)

Everyone, please keep in touch with Jordan or JW with your progress. When folks don't keep in touch, bad thoughts abound!  >:(
We have all had life get in the way of our fun. If something comes up that may prevent or delay you from completing your trade please let Jordan or JW know about it so they can be prepared if necessary. Communication is the key here. Please cooperate to make Jordan's and JW's work a little easier. This is one of the most difficult projects to take on. Even worse that herding cats!  :-\
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline juniperwarbow

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 12:05:11 pm »
I am ineligible, and I've never posted here before, so I hope I don't offend anybody by asking this. Why trade? We are all here to make and shoot our own bows, because of the IMMENSE  satisfaction  ;D , so why opt so shoot somebody else's bow?

Offline Josh B

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 12:27:38 pm »
I am ineligible, and I've never posted here before, so I hope I don't offend anybody by asking this. Why trade? We are all here to make and shoot our own bows, because of the IMMENSE  satisfaction  ;D , so why opt so shoot somebody else's bow?

I done think that question can be answered by one person speaking for all.  Everyone has their own reasons.  But your very question suggests that you haven't been around here long enough yet to get a feel for this group.  The idea is not about getting someone else's work (although that's pretty sweet), the idea is to pour your heart and soul into a bow for someone else to enjoy.  When I make a bow for someone on a trade, I put a huge amount of extra effort into that bow, way more effort than I would exert on a bow for myself.  Why?  Because it is far more satisfying to do so.  If I received a bow from the greenest bowyer on here, I would treasure it because it was their best work to date specifically made for me.  The spirit of giving your best is far more important than the bow itself.  If you don't understand that, stick around.  I believe that in time you will.  This group is like no other.  Welcome to it!  Josh

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 12:40:38 pm »
well said Josh! Well said!!!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC