Author Topic: 2014 bow trade, read all the rules before signing up. CLOSED!!!  (Read 39175 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: 2014 bow trade, please read all the rules before signing up
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2014, 09:24:36 pm »
It's not a guarantee that you won't flake out, we had a person helping run a trade flake out.  He received the bow and then went dark. 

I felt he was a personal friend of mine, had travelled halfway across the country to attend an event, broke bread at his table....and with no warning he flaked. 

This is not about being elitist, we just want to see that there is someone to be counted on.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2014, 09:38:24 pm »
So that we have enough interactions to feel like we somewhat know you as an individual. People who have established themselves as a reliable and respectful member of the community are less likely to flake out on the trade. (something that happens every year) That's my interpretation, anyway.

That just about sums it up. But if you get someone to vouch for you then it's all good in the pa hood.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2014, 09:46:26 pm »
But if you create another user profile and have that user profile vouch for you....let's just say that the moderators have very little patience left in that department.

When we open the option of having someone vouch for you, we are looking for someone that has traded a bow with you, has shot your bows, or has personal experience with you outside of this forum AND that the person vouching for you has a degree of respect within this community.  After all, you are asking someone to put THEIR reputation on the line for what YOU are going to do (or not do, as the case may be).  If you have someone vouch for you and you screw it up, think of what it does to that person's reputation. 

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2014, 10:07:14 pm »
Makes sense JW
Chew Motrin, drink water, drive on

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2014, 12:24:04 am »
Ttt

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2014, 01:14:40 am »
I'll be sitting this one out fellas, don't have any intention of disappointing someone and don't want to disgrace the community. I wouldn't be able to make any progress until may and besides that I haven't made a bow for a while. Next year maybe, I'll start collecting and making blanks and continue to make bows this summer. Good luck ya'll!
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline pincushin

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2014, 01:38:40 am »
The 200 posts I can see the point in it, but I try to stay quiet  to gather as much information as I can and not make myself look like an Ass like I have seen several other young people do on this site. But il be happy to sit this one out if you guys want me to

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2014, 01:47:50 am »
I'd be in to participating in this one if you guys will have me.  Also barely legal, Hahah

Offline uncleduck

• Dave W
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2014, 11:21:34 am »
I'd like to get in the bow trade again this year. Had a good time in it last year. I'm not at the 200 mark, so I guess its up to you guys.

Offline VicNova

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2014, 11:35:39 am »
Yeah, I know I don't have 200 posts but if you visit imperialarchery.com, you will see  a bunch of bows that I have tillered. Please let me know if I can enter. I did the Christmas trade, and got everything out on-time, if that means anything in this case.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 02:54:22 pm by Victor99 »
Ypsilanti,  Michigan

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2014, 11:43:28 am »
The 200 posts is a benchmark of longevity but I believe if you have proven yourself worthy with fewer posts your benchmark will be  reconsidered. If you feel you are trustworthy enough to join the trade contact Bownan53(2014_Trade_Runner) or JW by PM stating your case. We don't want to deny anyone from joining but we need to feel that everyone that joins the trade will get a fair shake. 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2014, 01:44:49 pm »
Like pat said, if you have made safe and proven bows and we all know who you are then your more then welcome to join.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2014, 02:40:33 pm »
I'll be sitting this one out fellas... I wouldn't be able to make any progress until may

As much as I would like to see you in the trade, I think I would rather know you were paying attention to your education.  You got plenty of trades in your future, you are excused.  :laugh:

I'd be in to participating in this one if you guys will have me.  Also barely legal, Hahah

Barely legal bubbles...can you imagine the hits you would get with that website!   >:D

I try to stay quiet  to gather as much information as I can and not make myself look like an Ass like I have seen several other young people do on this site.

That's refreshing! 

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2014, 03:04:50 pm »
Im gonna sit this one out, all this wedding planning takin my focus for the next couple months  :o..but if the need arises toward the end of this trade, I would be happy to make a "make-up" bow again  ;)... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2014, 03:08:15 pm »
Your generosity is not a surprise at all, Brian.  Thanks!