Author Topic: west virginia bear hunt  (Read 9934 times)

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
west virginia bear hunt
« on: December 19, 2007, 05:30:35 pm »
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNhg4n3ihP8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNhg4n3ihP8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Try this
I didnt get any thing but we had fun anyways. I was about 5 yards away from the tree when this bear came down out. It was a sow with cubs so we had to let her go. :'(
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 09:56:46 pm by Ryano »
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: vw bear hunt
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 08:13:39 pm »
  Cool  Ryan,But I don't know how ya'll stand those yappin'dogs though.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 09:50:09 pm »
Sound good, but all I could see was trees......
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 10:09:42 am »
Cool Ryan looked like a lot of fun,nice looking bear. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 12:22:51 pm »
Oh come on Eddie, that is music to my ears.  Nothing like a bear/dog fight, its quite an adrenalin rush isn't it.  Nice video Ryan.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 04:43:47 pm »
  I guess that's why I like hog dogs Justin.They are only barking and growling while the fightin'is going on.Then its mouths shut and back to work.You don't want them barking when that can;t read that sign on the fence. ::) ;)
Lakeland, Florida

Tom B

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 06:31:40 pm »
when i saw the title of the posting i thought Mullet traded in the jeep for a vw and tried to run over a bear. ;Dthen i realized i was mistaken.hope all is well with you all.merry christmas.Eddie,hope you make it to white springs.tom

Offline Ryano

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 08:22:59 pm »
Thanks Guys. It was a blast and I plan on going again soon.
Eddie, that sound is music to my ears! Theres nothing like the sound of hounds running.......
Cowboy, maybe you didnt let it down load enough.....

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 08:34:48 pm »
  I guess that's why I like hog dogs Justin.They are only barking and growling while the fightin'is going on.Then its mouths shut and back to work.You don't want them barking when that can;t read that sign on the fence. ::) ;)
I dont have silent running dogs so I can hunt on the outside edge of Zion National Park without drawing attention.  :-X I like the park rangers comming out of the park and harrassing me.  Mine wont make a sound unless they get fur in their mouth.  My male will climb trees to get that fur though.  :o Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 08:46:09 pm »
You said it Ryan, heh heh - I didn't have five minutes to wait ;D. Looks like a good time, I was in them PA woods bout a year ago. Didn't see any bears but did bust some deer outa their lair - just walkiin around one day killin time :)....
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 09:56:18 pm »
Cool video, Ryano! It makes me a little homesick....especially since this is the first year in awhile that I haven't made it home to hunt. I lived just a few miles from where you were hunting---near Seneca Rocks---just east of Elkins. It is still a pretty wild place over there....
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline Ryano

Re: west virginia bear hunt
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 09:58:25 pm »
Chad thats sounds familiar we must have been pretty close this was shot on cheat mountain....

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 10:56:35 pm »
    My buddy I turkey hunt with lives in Ford City near Pittsburg.The last time I was hunting up there he had a bear coming to a feeder in his back yard.It stayed all summer on and off, but was smart and cleared out before the legal season opened up
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 12:09:25 am »
Looks like a fun time Ryan. I used to love to hear the hounds running deer in coastal SC years ago.It is a special kind of hunt!     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 09:28:32 am »
Stupid slow dial up internet  >:(  >:( I'll have to wait until I get back to work to see it. And Eddie, HOUNDS DON'T YAP! Poodles and little fuzzy lap "dogs" yap. Hounds are real dogs. They bawl and chop, and do a beautiful job at it, too.  :) I worry about anybody that don't like to hear a hound dog.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 09:34:21 am by Hillbilly »
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.