Author Topic: Survival Outing  (Read 2445 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

Survival Outing
« on: January 29, 2014, 11:18:11 pm »
Took a trip into the woods the other day to test myself and see how ignorant I am.  Turns out I'm not too ignorant and I learned a lot from the trip!

Click on the picture to see the video!

^^^^CLICK THE PICTURE^^^^
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Zuma

Re: Survival Outing
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 12:43:08 am »
Tim you are dedicated, Try bring food and spirits.
 Ah heck, just spirits. Sleep becomes easy.
Very nice cinematography and fire building.
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 02:47:45 am »
Good job Tim, I really like your bow drill set. The bow is cool, looks like that would be better for natural cordage as the string is not under as much tension. Is that the Egyptian method?

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 11:39:10 pm »
Thanks guys!  Yeah on future outings I want to hunt and forage some food.  That way I can show how prepare and make a terrible face when I eat something really nasty. lol

I don't really know much about the bow drill.  Watched some videos and attempted a handful of times but had never gotten a coal until this time on video when I absolutely had to get fire.  I used all palm for this one.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 02:15:30 am »
me and my brother do 10 days in the oregon coast range. the best moments in my life.

looks like you had a good time:)
Clatskanie, Oregon