Author Topic: PLEASE READ  (Read 3338 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
PLEASE READ
« on: February 01, 2014, 11:11:54 am »
It is, and has been for quite a while now, against the rules of the Primitive Archer Website, for anyone to post a direct link for any commercial site unless that site is for a sponsor of Primitive Archer Magazine or website. You can post a company name and even a link as long as someone cannot click on that link to get direct access to the site.  You can not post a direct link to that site. If you are not sure if what you are about post is OK contact another moderator or me and ask. If I or another Moderator comes across a commercial direct link it will be pulled and you will be notified and warned not to do it again. If you repeat this you will be banned for a time to be determined by the Admins and Mods. and if done yet again you will be permanently banned from the PA website.
 Lately I and other mods have warned quite a few folks for breaking this rule, all saying that they were not aware of this rule. They are aware now! We have a list of folks that have been warned and check each warned person against this list.
 There is always an easier way of doing things but that is not always the right thing to do. Take a few extra seconds to post the name  or directions to the information you wish to share and post that name or contact the interested party with the information. Because this site is paid for by Primitive Archer Magazine and its advertisers it is unfair to both parties for you to post these other direct links to a commercial site.
  We, the admins and mods do appreciate all the help that we get from the members helping us find these rule infractions. I get a few PMs from members letting me there was a problem or they had a concern about something that has been posted. This interaction and the cooperation of our members is what keep our site one of the best archery related site on the web.

Thanks,  Pat

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: PLEASE READ
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 02:28:45 pm »
TTT
 Obviously some folks still haven' read this post or our rules.  >:(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Mike Joe

Re: PLEASE READ
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 12:24:08 am »
It's like you said, this site's advertisers help keep this board running. As members we need to respect them and take the time to read the rules and follow them. It makes it a whole lot easier on the folks that run this site as well. I don't want to keep echoing you Pat B. Just voicing my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 12:29:49 am by Mike Joe »
"Son, we don't really care how it looks, We want it to work." - John McPherson