Author Topic: Kyudo - whats that?!  (Read 7611 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Kyudo - whats that?!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 01:23:46 pm »
I used to see a guy in a bar I frequented a few years ago, he was kinda a jerk, but he said that he had just gotten some "master" rank in the art of kyudo. He told me that it was intended for shooting into dark halls when being attacked. That the archer had to listen to the attackers coming and shoot when they were a certain distance away. 90 feet I think he said.  Any truth to this? Just what I heard. I read the Zen of Archery once, then heard it was a crock of crap later.  ::) I don't mind watching the girls shoot kyudo. How about that ninja dude on youtube that shoots his bow sideways? Anybody seen him? Or the real fast girl w/ the flipped/thumb down draw? I degrees....
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline bubby

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 05:00:07 pm »
if he really was a "master" he wouldn't be spouting of about it in a bar dp, seams foolish that the art of kyudo is meant for what was said
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 07:33:44 pm »
if he really was a "master" he wouldn't be spouting of about it in a bar dp, seams foolish that the art of kyudo is meant for what was said

+1

Jon

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2014, 07:41:30 pm »

He wasn't really "spouting".  ;D We were just talking about it and he told me he was going to his next level shoot. The next time I saw him I questioned him about it. Like I said, he was always abit of a snobby ass. That's why I would ask him about it. To get under his skin.  >:D Jack asses and PBR sometimes gets me rascally.   >:D ;) dp

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2014, 10:33:43 pm »
PBR will do that, lol 8)
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2014, 11:16:37 pm »
PBR will do that, lol 8)

It don't take too much if there's a smart @$$ around to get me rascally.  ;D ;D

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2014, 12:19:37 pm »
Well DP - you want rascally come hang out with me n my wife - well see if you can keep up! ;)

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2014, 08:09:42 pm »
Sounds Fun Ben!! If I ever make it that far West I'll be sure to look you up. Or you can take some time off and come to the Classic in May. I don't get to rascally, but I do a heck of a job keeping up...or at least staying up.  ;D Several on here can vouch for me on that, and I them.  ;)