Author Topic: help!!!!  (Read 6844 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: help!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 07:15:21 pm »

I read an article by Jim Hamm, about how his Daughter n law, who is I think an olympic shooter, or a competitor, of some sort, anyway, she helped his grouping by showing him how to raise his elbow, like in rifle shooting.  His groups improved.  Don't know if this will help you or not.  Not exactly an expert in the field of Archery.

Wayne

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 11:58:26 am »
  Keeping your elbow up is true if your shooting a straight up and down bows. Like a compounds and the Olympic re curves.

If you cant your bow like anyone shooting instinctive should. It's far better to teach yourself to pick spot and learn to set up close (where you need to be). THAN IT IS TO KEEP YOUR ELBOW UP AT 15 YARDS. 

It's better to be more natural  (what feels right to you). You have to cant your bow if your when shooting instinctive. If your setting up right you never have more than a 15 yard shot anyways.

If you what to shoot distances get a compounder. Don't set up where you can see and shoot 50 yards like compound hunters do.  If you do expect to watch a lot of sun rises and sun sets.

MOST COMPOUDERS LET THE TERRAIN PERDICT WHERE THEY HUNT.   NOT THE BUCKS (DEER).
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 06:42:08 pm »
I did the same thing this year.  So I took a little time off and shot compound.  When I came back I stuck to good fundamental form and problems corrected themselves.  Maybe ya just need a breather.  then keep your form simple and consistent and maybe the arrows will fall in.  good luck!
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln

Offline jayman448

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2015, 02:56:20 am »
ive been shooting a lot better recently now. im barely 20 so that comment about getting older does not apply yet XD. wehat i did find that made all the difference in the world ( and i know its stupid) is pausing for a pre draw. i look, pick the spot, raise my bow, pause and continue to focus, then draw, three second pause and release. unfortunately this shot cycle takes around ten seconds per shot but as far as accuracy goes its working. i do wish i could "snapshoot" a little better but hey, its working this way for now XD