Author Topic: Strange feeling  (Read 2188 times)

Offline DC

Strange feeling
« on: February 24, 2015, 02:28:48 pm »
I'm shooting my new OS bow, 70"NTN  36#@27". Unbraced the bottom limb is straight and the top limb has a bit of deflex but if I draw a line from tip to tip it goes right along the back of the bow. Anyway, when I shoot it it feels like the bow is moving strangely right after the arrow has left. I kind of feels like it's forcing me to drop my arm. I took it to the range last night and shot better than I've shot before but it has this strange feel after each shot. I realize that this is not much to go on but I thought it might ring a bell with someone. I never thought to get someone to watch and see if I was actually dropping my arm. I was going to turn the bow upside down but this is the first bow I've cut an arrow pass in.

Offline crooketarrow

Re: Strange feeling
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 05:36:56 pm »
  Likely your droping your arm to see your arrow fly.
  PICK YOUR SPOT DRAW ANKOR SHOOT DONT' DO ANY THING TO YOU HERE YOUR ARROW HIT.
  t
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline DC

Re: Strange feeling
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 07:42:16 pm »
It's very possible but it just started with this bow. I've been thinking on this all day and after reading Sleek and Gun Doc's conversation on another post I'm wondering if having one stronger limb would make the bow tilt forward(or back) on release? I'm guessing because I'm new at this. I'll take two bows out and see if I notice a difference.