Author Topic: What animal is in your dream hunt?  (Read 24833 times)

Offline TRACY

Re: What animal is in your dream hunt?
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2014, 07:15:26 am »
Pronghorn around a waterhole.
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2014, 11:36:46 am »
How bout some ducks? I'd like to be in a big fly way with a black sky full of ducks coming into my decoys and a quiver full of arrows that soon will be empty. Geese would work too.  Shoot, I'm still tryin to kill a deer w/ a stone point.  ;D ;) dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2014, 12:28:44 pm »
Now this has got me thinking...  ducks or geese from a canoe.  With arrows that skip across the surface of the water....  That would definitely be a dream hunt!
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline TRACY

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2014, 09:52:39 pm »
How bout some ducks? I'd like to be in a big fly way with a black sky full of ducks coming into my decoys and a quiver full of arrows that soon will be empty. Geese would work too.  Shoot, I'm still tryin to kill a deer w/ a stone point.  ;D ;) dp

You know I'm all over that! Just gotta get the right spot that the birds like and others that are patient enough to let you take first shots.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline rossfactor

• Humboldt County CA
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2014, 01:48:33 pm »
My dream hunt is more about the place than the critter. I love the high coastal bluffs on the CA, So Oregon Coast. The mixed conifer/oak woodland environment interspersed with grassy meadows and rocky monoliths overlooking the pacific.  The way the fog moves in those steep canyons, with brushy, small coastal streams at their bottoms... There's black tail deer, hogs, bears, squirrel and all kinds of critters, and they all have a place in that ecosystem. And I'm sitting on a rocky outcropping, invisible, hidden in the roots of a gnarly bay laurel, watching the edges a sloping meadow, with the sun setting over the pacific. The smell of the wet dirt, and the voice of a raven somewhere. Bow in my hand and a quiver full of arrows.  That's my dream.  And I get to live it, every once in a while.  I'm a happy man.

Gabe

Humboldt County CA.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2014, 02:17:36 pm »
I just signed up for the drawing of the sambar deer hunt on St. Vincent Island.  Not really sure what I'm gonna do if I actually get it. lol  That would be a dream hunt for me but I've always wanted to camp on the island anyway and you can only do that during a hunt so who knows if I'll even hunt.  We'll call it exploring with a bow and arrow. lol
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2014, 03:18:23 pm »
Black panther.
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2014, 09:51:03 pm »
I've put in for the Sambar hunt for three years running, Tim. That hunt is on my bucket list while I still can. St. Vincent Island has more snake species then any other place in Florida, over a hundred. And that is where the Red Wolf family's are released to assimilate and bond before being reintroduced to SC.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2014, 11:14:10 am »
Combo hunt for moose and caribou. I 'd just love to see them and the country where they live.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2015, 04:02:07 pm »
Combo hunt for moose and caribou. I 'd just love to see them and the country where they live.

I have some friends that do this in newfoundland.  You can use bow or gun and it's somewhat reasonably priced.
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln