Author Topic: What animal is in your dream hunt?  (Read 24855 times)

Offline Slackbunny

Re: What animal is in your dream hunt?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2014, 09:45:54 am »
I would really love to do an African plains game hunt. I'm not really that interested in a Big-5 hunt, but I'd love to go after all those different antelope and deer species they have running around.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 12:23:05 pm »
Dream hunt... Caribou.. Fills my dreams... Hunted elk, moose, mulies, whitetails,bears and antelope... It's nice to have good freinds... It's all been good memories...
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 02:11:18 pm »
You sound like a very fortunate man Leroy.  Hopefully I have those memories of my own some day.
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 02:41:20 pm »
Moose and any bear.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 02:47:50 pm »
A mountain hunt of any style is my dream. Elk, muley, goats, birds, I don't care! Just get me to the mountains before my old butt cant anymore.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 02:57:30 pm »
It's a warm spring day. The kind everyone longs for after a hard winter.
I'm dressed in summer Commando gear, black face and all.
I am crawling one inch at a time with frequent pause so that I can blend into the new growth.
I have previously installed a remote control whistle 150 yards to the south I am approaching from the north.
This keeps my shadow from advancing in front of me. The wind is in my face. It must be,
I do not let myself become distracted by the flakes and pre forms in the loose soft dirt I am now dragging myself through. My quarry is mere feet away but unseen. My hart is pounding so much I stop to incorporate some deep breathing so I will not alert the nasty creature just feet before me. I can tell the filthy animal is active by the flies that are buzzing at the mouth of it's lair.
I activate the whistle and spring into action. I am lurching forward with both hands in choke mode as the
creature's ears and the back of it's neck are exposed above the surface of the lair.
In a millisecond I am locked in battle with one of the most despised creatures on the planet.
It's claws take every advantage, trying to sever the arteries of my wrists. If my grasp loosens, just a bit, I could become a victim of it's buzz saw teeth. It's fur is new and sleek from the winter molt, making purchase
difficult as it struggles for air. I know I am destine to be front page news every February 2 from now on.
Look for me with Phil on a hide stretcher.
 Zuma
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 09:18:06 pm by Zuma »
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 04:16:45 pm »
Thanks for the great laugh Zuma. Ed

PS: My dream isn't a new animal but one's taken with my self bow. Black Tail and the good old PNW Rosevelt (elk).
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 06:02:47 pm »
A mountain hunt of any style is my dream. Elk, muley, goats, birds, I don't care! Just get me to the mountains before my old butt cant anymore.

Come over to my neck of the woods anytime!
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline Stoker

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 06:18:35 pm »
You sound like a very fortunate man Leroy.  Hopefully I have those memories of my own some day.

Lucky to live in Alberta.. Where these critters are accessible with a little help of your friends... You have moose and bears I have antelope and mulies..

Pearl drums- There is nothing like sitting above the tree line on the border of B.C. and Alberta having lunch and looking East... Feels like you can see forever...

Fortunate yes.. Good freinds beautiful scenery wonderful memories... And once in a while we get something...
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2014, 08:17:04 pm »
Oh, my wife is from Punxy Zuma, I better make sure she doesn't see that.  They take groundhog threats seriously up there.   ;D
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 10:20:13 pm »
Killing a big mature whitetail on my property.  I'll probably never be able to go on a big adventure hunt like elk or moose.  I'm happy with whats in my back yard  :)
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Zuma

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 11:26:46 pm »
Oh, my wife is from Punxy Zuma, I better make sure she doesn't see that.  They take groundhog threats seriously up there.   ;D
Lol tell Mrs. PA hunter it's just a dream and Bill Murry put me up to it.
I keep having it over and over.

Actually my real dream hunt wouuld be, to take a full grown male African lion with thrusting spears.
I need fifteen able members to help. PM me before the season opens.
Massive Russian boar in ten inches of snow the same way.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 11:41:38 pm »
At this point a White Tail Doe would Trip My Ticker...

Beyond that, in order:

Elk
Moose
Muley

Yellow Fin Tuna...
Big Gar

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2014, 01:03:28 am »
 Well if anybody wants to hunt muleys, elk, antelope or coyotes I've got over 75 sections that we can hunt on, all you gotta do is show up, oh ya and you have to draw a tag.  ;) I can probably even find some wolves to shoot at too,and if you just call em big coyotes you don't even need a tag >:D
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2014, 02:03:29 pm »
Where you located duck?
Clatskanie, Oregon