Author Topic: Cody Lundin fired from Dual Survival...  (Read 7403 times)

Offline seminolewind

Cody Lundin fired from Dual Survival...
« on: February 18, 2014, 08:24:49 am »
Do any of you guys watch this show ? I'm a fan but sucks hearing the barefoot hippy Cody wont be on the show anymore, he was a true survivslist. Anybody know any details why he was fired?
"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Cody Lundin fired from Dual Survival...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 08:28:14 am »
He owned the show. Not sure he can be fired can he?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 08:33:06 am »
I'm disappointed if that's true. I hope its not. I was sad enough to see Dave Canterbury go.

Its right on his Facebook. Unless someone got into his account, this seems legit.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:36:18 am by Slackbunny »

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 08:52:12 am »
Haven't watched it in a while. I've gotten into the new show,"Boy You're Screwed". Ex Military guys dumped off in a place and then screwed with by the other military guys to make it harder.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 09:59:35 am »
It's true and I wont be watching it
I like osage

Offline seminolewind

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 10:45:17 am »
It's true and I wont be watching it

Yeah I hate to say it but military guys like his partner Joe Teti are bad ass dudes and well trained killers (not to take anything away from our operators) but they haven't showcased the technical aspects of survival and living the woodsman way of life as well as Cody does. Thats not what they are primarily trained to do. I hate that Discovery looks for ratings and thinks that people doing outlandish risky stuff like Bear Grylls and others like to do will get them. People like myself watch shows like this to be inspired and to learn I think they really screwed up by letting him go.
"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline Mohawk13

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 11:46:35 am »
Have not seen the show in a while. Yeah that would be a bad move. Man brought alot to the show. Seems when they want to kill a show off they change hosts and watch the ratings plummet....sad

Yeah, Just check his facebook page and he announced it there. Will be hard to replace Him. Have any of you read his Bio?? Very interesting Man.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:51:21 am by Mohawk13 »
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline seminolewind

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 12:06:02 pm »
Can you read his bio online?

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline bubby

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 03:13:26 pm »
you sure can, interesting read
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 03:46:44 pm »
I didn't know there were more than 2 seasons. I did quite like the show, and the dynamic between Dave and Cody. How many seasons are there?

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 04:12:51 pm »
I have never watched it.  Sounds like I am missing out..
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 04:50:58 pm »
I didn't know there were more than 2 seasons. I did quite like the show, and the dynamic between Dave and Cody. How many seasons are there?

3 so far to my knowledge with a forth in the works. Dave is only in the first two. The third is still pretty decent, but not nearly as good as 1 and 2. Joe does a fine job but he's just not as interesting as Dave was.

Dave and Cody had television chemistry that very few television partnerships have. It was a mistake to let go of Dave and it is a mistake to let go of Cody. Those two people where what made the show stand out as unique and interesting; and now they've both been given the boot.

Joe is perfectly qualified for the job and I'm sure his new partner will be as well. But I highly doubt they will be nearly as interesting. We watch the show to be entertained after all.

Offline Mohawk13

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 05:22:42 pm »
Just google him Elijah....Lots of info....And he is not just a stuffed shirt TV guy.....Nice..
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline bubby

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 05:57:33 pm »
I was pissed when they dumped Dave, doubt if i'll watch at all now that Cody is gone, he WAS the show
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 06:24:10 pm »
I was pissed when they dumped Dave, doubt if i'll watch at all now that Cody is gone, he WAS the show

+1