Author Topic: Anyone in Eastern PA?  (Read 6141 times)

Offline Strongbow

Anyone in Eastern PA?
« on: February 18, 2014, 07:59:22 pm »
I've been making bows off and on for the past 3 years.  I still consider myself a beginner and as much as I have learned from everyone here on this site, I'd like get together with other bowyers to pick up some of their experience first hand.  Are there any traditional clubs or bowyers located in the eastern PA area (Lancaster/York/Harrisburg region)?

Offline T Bone

Re: Anyone in Eastern PA?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 11:46:56 pm »
Hello there, I live in Bucks Co. I have been working with wood for years but I have recently decided to try my hand at bow making. I have started reading the bowyers bible and am chomping at the bit as it were. I was also curious if there was a local or regional club or other such gathering of craftsmen. As I don't know anyone in this field, I would like to put some feelers out as well.

Offline Strongbow

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 09:04:00 pm »
T Bone,

The only thing I have found so far in Eastern PA is the PA Longbow Association.  They are focused on traditional archery and have 4 or 5 shoots a year.  One is coming up in West Caln in Chester county.  Probably only an 1hr drive for you from Bucks Co.  Check the info out on their site: palongbow.com  I'm probably going to try and make it to that one. 

Offline Lee Vivian

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 02:30:59 pm »
Strongbow, I live in Lancaster, and I too am looking for someone to teach selfbow building.....I have never made one....but was wondering if there was a person who did teach it....

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 01:04:46 pm »
Hey guys I live in Northwestern Pa, I travel out to my aunts place out in New Cumberland( Close to Harrisburg) 6_8 times a year..I've been making bows for quite a few years now..Be glad to help ya out sometime..As far as clubs..I havent had any luck finding one out there..Look up HFD60 on this site..His name is Rich. He lives in the Harrisburg area and makes some killer bows.
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania