Author Topic: PITH. Any takers?  (Read 50476 times)

Offline Tower

PITH. Any takers?
« on: February 18, 2014, 09:05:26 pm »
It's been a while since we've done the PITH. I was wondering if anyone would be interisted in participating.   
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 01:03:50 pm by Tower »
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Stringman

Re: Any takers?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 09:20:02 pm »
I reckon I'm willing!

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 11:02:49 pm »
You can count me in.

Offline Dalton Knapper

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 12:27:56 am »
I have never done a PITH on this site but I would certainly be interested in participating. Count me in on PITH - Ben

Offline 1442

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 02:02:41 am »
I'd be in

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 08:44:51 am »
Having trouble knapping in this winter weather, but if the shipping isn't til spring I'm in. dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 09:19:20 am »
I'm good for it !  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Tower

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 10:07:43 am »
I'm in for 3.  How's about we ship at the end of April.  Should be plenty of time to get back in the swing of things.     Tower
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Dalton Knapper

Point in the Hat
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 10:47:45 am »
Hey Tower - you might explain PITH (point in the hat) for those new here. I've been here a while and have never seen a PITH yet. I know how it works at another site, but you mentioned "in for 3" and I am not sure if we trade one point or three? I assume at some point someone will post the names and who trades with who, rules, etc.

Thanks, Ben

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 11:06:25 am »
I want in!
 How is the best way to send them?
 How much does it cost to send the points?

Offline 1442

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 11:47:12 am »
I usually send a small flat rate box with a point or two and a couple pieces of material like the point was made from for the recipient to work themselves. Costs about six bucks.
I have recieved points simply sandwiched between cardboard in a small padded envelope with shipping of less than two bucks, cant remember exactly, but it can be done for very little money and that is perfectly acceptable and just as good.
The main thing is to put your best effort into making the point to trade and it should represent your ability at the time of the trade. Don't matter if you just started knapping yesterday and can barely make a point as long as you doo your best. It's not a contest to see who can send the biggest finest point but more to share what you do with someone else and for someone else to share what they do with you.
Tower being in for three just means that he has the time and material and is willing to do three seperate trades which is good because I am three times as likely to recieve a Tower point as if he only did one trade.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 11:49:11 am »
Put me in for two.

DK, Someone will take charge and get all the names of who wants to be in after a closing date/time. They will choose names, i.e. draw a name, then another, second name sends to first name third name to the second and so on. For those of us who want to send more than one point, their names will go in as many times as they have picked, like tower's name will be in three times, mine twice. Once all names have been drawn, the first name drawn will send to the last name drawn. I think that is how we did it last time. Hope this explained it okay. dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 11:55:54 am »
I'm in for two.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline 1442

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 11:57:48 am »
The last PITH was titled   P.I.T.H. March 2013
You can look it up to see how it went. I don't know how to link it here or I would put the link

Offline Tower

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 01:02:56 pm »
PITH
Flint Knappers of all skill level are welcome to sign up.
Young, Old , Masterful,& Newbies. 
All points must be signed & dated. 

Ok here's the rules
1. Post the number of points you are wanting to trade.
2. The deadline for signing up is midnight April18th
    I will post the final list on April 19th
3. All points must be shipped to your recipient by April 26th

Every ones name will be put into a hat . One name for one point, & two names if you have signed up for two. One name will be drawn at a time & written down until all names have been drawn. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 01:36:18 pm by Tower »