Author Topic: 7th age bow hunting - South Texas hogs, sheep, goats  (Read 6304 times)

Offline Little John

7th age bow hunting - South Texas hogs, sheep, goats
« on: February 02, 2008, 01:16:59 pm »
This outfitter, run by  Curtis Keller guided the South Texas hunt in the latest issue of Primitive Archer Magazine in the article titled  Memories. I checked out the operation in the web and talked to Curtis on the phone. Sounds like a really good reasonably priced off season hunt run by a traditional bow hunter. The nice part is the warm climate even in winter, wide variety of game available year round, and no high priced non resident license cost. The only down side I see is that the hunting areas are a long distance from most any where. Any way still intend to make the trip some day, it might make a good community hunt.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: 7th age bow hunting - South Texas hogs, sheep, goats
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 02:06:36 pm »
I'm with you Kenneth.  Maybe we can carpool. It would be a nice central location for a community hunt. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 02:43:51 pm »
Kenneth, From what I have read on TradGang and the few PMs I have sent to Curtis(on different subjects) I'd have to say its a class act Curtis has going down there. It would be fun to get a trip like that going...almost as fun as a SW Colorado elk hunt!!! ;D      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 05:34:44 pm »
I agree Pat. Seems to be a class act. I really enjoyed my conversation with Curtis. You know what agrivates me is that I was down there last winter on a welding job and looking for a place to hunt for the weekends, couldn't find a place at all. Justin, maybe we can get something going and maybe some of the south Texas guys might like to join. Would be a great time to go hunting and out of this twoo foot deep snow and artic temps. Curtis likes groups large enough to make it worth his time, or might put one or two guys in with another group to fill out the hunt.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Key

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 07:43:16 pm »
If any of you book a hunt with Curtis you will enjoy a "real" hunt with a guy who knows Trad/Primitive hunting.
Roger

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 02:14:47 am »
Hey Kenneth, Ya'll finally got some snow. We had 5" last week and 4 deg at night here. Going to be in the 60s and rainy next week.   Hey to Kathie.      pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC