Author Topic: crow  (Read 15821 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: crow
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2008, 07:35:50 pm »
I've been reading Howard Hill's book Hunthing The Hard Way and in the chapter on hunting bighorn sheep he
relates a story of how crows can't count past 2, so ya need 3 people, when ya spot a crow 2 people keep his
attention and the 3rd makes a stalk on him. And it don't surprise me one bit that a crow can count to 2, heck I have relatives
that can't count that high ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline uwe

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2008, 08:06:36 am »
UWE,

Is that a crow trap?  Do you cover the frame with chicken wire (or something)?  How do the crows enter? Please translate........ :-\
[/quote
Yes, thats it! If there are any translation problems, ask me and I`ll try to help ya!
Regards!]

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2008, 01:46:20 pm »
I've been reading Howard Hill's book Hunthing The Hard Way and in the chapter on hunting bighorn sheep he
relates a story of how crows can't count past 2, so ya need 3 people, when ya spot a crow 2 people keep his
attention and the 3rd makes a stalk on him. And it don't surprise me one bit that a crow can count to 2, heck I have relatives
that can't count that high ;D

i've been interested in ornithology all life long and there is a lot of bull being told about missing inteligence of birds: catch a crow, put the crow in a big voliere, put in that cage a glass of water that is high so she cannot reach the water. when the crow gets thursty it will check out the scene for a bit and than start throwing stones in the tube until waterlevel comes up, than the bird drinks.

if three people enter a blindfold and two leave again and one stays in, birds can't tell the difference; but crows could more likely then eagles!

maybe you guys should try that on turkeys (if it works you owe me the tailfeathers  ;D ;D ;D )

cheerio, frank

ps: i'm a musicain, i can count up to 4.
Frank from Germany...

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2008, 02:12:49 pm »
I dont care what anyone says, crows have got to be one of the smartest birds alive, if not the smartest.  If you go out and build a blind and take 3 guys out and 2 leave, the bird has already outsmarted you. 2 guys wasted a lot of time to try to get one bird.  >:D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2008, 02:18:04 pm »
Yea but now ya can say yer smarter than a crow ::)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2008, 02:22:41 pm »

HRSN...??  ???
Frank from Germany...