Author Topic: Pig Ammo  (Read 7070 times)

Online mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Pig Ammo
« on: December 23, 2007, 05:45:04 pm »
  Well I get to collect on my Christmas gift Friday morning.My gift is another hog hunt at the Alexacarrie Plantation with Mechlesher,Hillbilly and Indian Charlie.Good friends all from this board.I thought I'd show everybody my ammunition for the hunt.I've almost got them finished.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
Re: Pig Ammo
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 05:49:10 pm »
Its a shame the hogs cant appreciate what fine arras theyll be taken with. Good luck! Auggie.
laugh. its good for ya

mrmarch

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 05:59:52 pm »
awesome ed those are sweet. whats the black one near the bottom of the first pic

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 06:03:06 pm »
...Should be a great hunt. Hawgs look out ! Either way ya are sharin' the hunt with good guys- Steve, Charlie an Chris. Merry -Xmas Eddie and have a good hunt !  Take some photos ifn ya can.  ;D.....bob

Online mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 06:52:18 pm »
  Jamie,The black one is Argilite,from New Jersey. Bob,,thanks.Yea nice to spend the end of the year hunting with some good guy's.We are taking about 3 cameras and 2 laptops.We'll post'em as we get 'em.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Keenan

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 07:22:14 pm »
  Looks like some serious firepower Eddie. you all have fun but be carefull with them bad boys,,,,,they can rip you a new one real fast,,,,,,,,,,then again so can the hogs,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,Keenan

Offline DanaM

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 07:36:28 pm »
Eddie dem is just sick, almost feel sorry fer da pigs ;) almost but not quite. Good luck and hope ya all have a big time.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Harrifer

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 08:12:30 pm »
Those are some beautiful points, but I do wonder if the black point, 4th down is up to it. The point doesn't seem to be as sharp as the rest, though I should think you could easily sort this out.

I haven't hunted boar before, so I might be wrong, but I don't like the idea of someone shooting an arrow at a big tusked brute, only to have the pig come charging at you. Beautiful set of points though, have a good hunt.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 08:16:07 pm »
Great looking arrows Eddie. Those suckers are big enough to draw some serious blood.  How much do they weigh. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Online mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 10:22:22 pm »
Those are some beautiful points, but I do wonder if the black point, 4th down is up to it. The point doesn't seem to be as sharp as the rest, though I should think you could easily sort this out.

I haven't hunted boar before, so I might be wrong, but I don't like the idea of someone shooting an arrow at a big tusked brute, only to have the pig come charging at you. Beautiful set of points though, have a good hunt.
   That point is obsidian and does come down to a small point.It is a Folsom style point,razor sharp and didn't have much trouble depleting the Mastodon population.The last time we hunted hogs there we were crawling up within 10 yds and shooting.When they are stuck they usually run the other way or get stuck again.Anyway,where is your sense of adventure? ;D Justin,I haven't weighed the arrows but all the points are 200 to 210 grns.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 11:49:11 pm »
200 Dang those things are knife blades.  ;D That is my type of hunting Eddie.  Crawl right up close and personal. If he comes after you you get a closer shot.  >:D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 12:18:23 am »
Those ought to do the trick. You guys have a blast and stick some pigs. You have to show up Tred Barta! ;D 8)  Now that you have Hillbilly on your side...PIGS LOOK OUT!!! 8)     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 10:52:57 am »
Looking good, Eddie. I've been frantically constructin' arrows the last few days myself.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Harrifer

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007, 11:21:07 am »

That point is obsidian and does come down to a small point.It is a Folsom style point,razor sharp and didn't have much trouble depleting the Mastodon population.The last time we hunted hogs there we were crawling up within 10 yds and shooting.When they are stuck they usually run the other way or get stuck again.Anyway,where is your sense of adventure? ;D Justin,I haven't weighed the arrows but all the points are 200 to 210 grns.

I stand corrected, as I said I've never hunted boar before.

Online mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 12:20:54 pm »
   Harrifer,I think if you ever get the chance you will love it.To me they are the ultimate quarry to ground stalk.Sometimes you will come across a nasty,mean one but usually it's shoot, trail, and BBQ ;)
Lakeland, Florida