Author Topic: Archery tattoos  (Read 18211 times)

Offline Robby101

Re: Archery tattoos
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 10:52:41 am »
Another definition of tatoo, loosely,  is to beat on something. While I have no pictographic adornment, I have been rapped on the head twice when the upper limbs on two different bows let go. ;D
Robby

Offline Parnell

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2014, 11:49:08 am »
38 years old and not a single tat.  I'm the ONLY guy I know my age who I grew up with that doesn't have one.  At this point in my life, I'm really pleased I didn't get one.  Came close several times but couldn't ever come up with something that I thought I'd be content with permanently.

A tattoo arm guard?  Yeah, I'd give it a few years before I'd pull the trigger on that, but hey, to each their own.

I find it interesting though that at this point in life that I'm actually "different" for not having one.

I suppose the "tattoo" I got hit with in my eye was quite enough!  Sure as S#@t it left a permanent enough mark for me.

WillH, that is a nice tat.  I'd be able to live with that one myself.
1’—>1’

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 02:47:08 pm »
Tattoos are certainly not for everybody. They are lifelong so you have to be sure what you get is what you want. You can get cover-up tattoos over existing ones, but you'll be limited to what will cover it effectively. When I first started getting them, most of the people who got them were military, prisoners, gang members or people into punk or metal rock. Now just about everyone gets them and the social stigma has pretty much disappeared, which is good. People ought to be able to do what they want with their own bodies, after all.
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 03:23:49 pm »
including having a tattoo artist for a best friend! 

Been victim to that as well! Me and my friends got tattooed from head to toe before we were 20. For a while it helped me get laid I guess, I "think" anyway, :). Sure don't help in a job interview though. One guy asked me if I could cover up the tattoos on my knuckles, I don't know if he wanted me to where gloves?  :) If your gonna get tattoos, they are addicting, know when to stop, best advice is never go below the elbow or anywhere you can't cover it up. And it is really easy to get Hep C and other fun stuff too, even from the most professional shops. The virus can live in the little ink cup things, not just the needles, and if the guy doesn't change ink cups with every customer (which a lot don't even if they say they do) you can ruin your life in more than one way. So stay safe and think about it.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2014, 03:30:51 pm »

That being said, I am a firm believer in the saying, "keep it where the judge can't see it"

+ 1!

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2014, 03:39:06 pm »

I got lucky...I married one.  ;D
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2014, 04:27:32 pm »

do you lock yourself in a closet to sleep after a big fight? id be scared to look in the mirror the morning after. your forehead may look completely different.

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2014, 04:35:18 pm »

do you lock yourself in a closet to sleep after a big fight? id be scared to look in the mirror the morning after. your forehead may look completely different.

lol

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2014, 04:39:19 pm »
Maybe that's why Derik has that thick beard  ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2014, 04:48:17 pm »

lmao hahaha whats under that beard derik?

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2014, 04:57:55 pm »

lmao hahaha whats under that beard derik?

:-\ not funny.  just kidding...yo guys are a riot.  >:D
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2014, 10:38:13 am »
I read an interesting article the other day about they three things that were necessary for success in life, the one that shouted the loudest to me was "impulse control". This component would tie closely to the current tattoo trend as may of the participants get their tats on a whim after seeing others they know do the same and are struck with a sudden impulse to follow suit.

Every time I go in to the local Mc Donald's and see the 30 something age girls behind the counter with really unattractive tattoos on their arms, chests and necks I suspect their lack of impulse control in other areas of their lives is exactly what put them behind the counter a Mickey Dees as they approach middle age.

Like I have said before, tattoos on a true warrior like our military personal are a good fit and look perfectly natural, cute college coeds, definitely out of place.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2014, 10:42:21 am »
Just imagine the ones you can't see of those girls, Eric.  :o
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2014, 11:07:41 am »
 ;D ;D ;D I thought about them a few times but then I sobered up. :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2014, 11:16:56 am »
I've been thinking about my next tat as well.  I've always thought of getting an upper arm/shoulder/chest sleve type tat with a large dragon.  However, recently I'm considering something more archery related as It's becoming such a cornerstone of my hobbies/life.  Maybe an indian crouching in some cover as he comes to full draw.  perhaps with his young child crouching behind him watching and learning.  Still thinking it through...  Love the tat Will!
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln