Main Discussion Area > Bow of the Month Contest

Congratulations to PEARL DRUMS for winning Self BOY!!!

(1/6) > >>

criveraville:
Congratulations to Chris Koenigsknecht (PEARL DRUMS) from Perrinton, MI, for winning Self BOY with his Deflex static yew. 
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,43428.msg583382.html#msg583382

Here is what Pearly had to say: Just finished this one up.

1 3/16" wide by 62"
50# @ 27"
Naturally deflexed yew stave with steamed statics
Rat snake skins -(Thanks buddy)
Osage tip overlays (gotta take the good with the bad eh boys?.. )
Finished in one coat of shellac and 7 coats of Tung oil over that. Ill add 2-3 coats of paste wax later

I got this stave from my buddy Marty last summer and knew just what I wanted when I seen all the deflex in it, or so I thought. This bow was a typical R/D bow for about 4-5 shots, I didnt like it one bit and changed course mid flight. Not my first time doing that! However, Im very glad I did. It has a fairly high ring count, 40 rpi or so, and is PNW wood. The deflex wasnt exactly matched side to side, but I left it alone and tillered accordingly. The bow is a joy to shoot. Very, very smooth drawing, a dead silent shooter both in the hand and ear, and its deceivingly fast. I havent weighed the bow, but its light as a feather. Thanks for looking, and always any comments are welcomed.

Here are a few comment from forum member:
I'm so noob that I feel shy even at making compliments but i cant skip this beauty.
Really gorgeous bow man!!! Glis Glis

You might be new, but there's nothin wrong with eyesight. Chris is one of the topshelf self bow builders here. Stringman

I have yet to build anything of that caliber but I do aspire to that level. But like GlisGlis and Stringman said that's one beautifully built bow and ain't nothing wrong with my eyesight either!
paoliguy

Once again, you have made a beautiful piece of art. Excellent! DuBois

Been out of pocket for a bit. Glad I didn't miss this. Very nice Sir. Dressed too kill, and that full draw looks awesome. Slimbob

BOWMAN53:
congrats chris

Will H:
That's 2 cool Chris! Well done brotha! Can't wait to see her in person this spring ;)

SLIMBOB:
Well deserved win Chris.  The curves on that bad boy are close to perfect.

Badly Bent:
Happy to see ya get this honor my friend, thats a killer bow. I look forward to seeing it this summer when we catch up at one of the shoots. Congrats Chris!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version