Author Topic: Congratulations to adb for winning February Backed BOM!!!  (Read 5172 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Congratulations to adb for winning February Backed BOM!!!
« on: March 17, 2014, 04:13:41 pm »

Congratulations to adb for winning Backed BOM for February with his Room Tempurature Recurve!!

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,45473.0.html

Here is what adb had to say:  Sorry about the multiple topics for this bow, but it's been quite a journey. After two unsuccessful attempts, I finally put this baby to bed. It's off to it's new home tomorrow morning, so I'd better post some pics! This bow, and it's design, has really tested my skill. I believe it has definitely made me a better bowyer. OK... enough chit-chat... here's the goods:

62" NTN, 45#@27", maple backed ipe static recurve. The static recurves are not heat induced (hence the name), but cut one-piece from stock and then glued to the top of the belly lamination with a horizontal kerf splice, with the maple backing overlapping the taper to the belly of the recurved tip.
Maple, yew and ipe in the grip and riser, with the static tips cut from hickory with osage tip overlays.

It's still winter here... -20C this morning, with lots of snow... sorry no outside shots at full draw.

I have never been as frustrated and proud of a single bow in my whole life! This was definitely outside the box for me, and in 10 years of bow making, I've never felt more relieved to finish a bow!
Here are what some forum members had to say about:
ahh the proud papa   and you should be that is a sweet bow and quite the adventure to get her to completion, nice bend, bub

That's a looker, Adam. That is a bow to be proud of.  Mullet

Nice job, by the way I enjoy all the chit chat and the story that goes with any bow. I guess I need to try my curves that way some time soon.  Badger

That's one heck of a nice bow right there! I bet it shoots like a dream.  Will H

I like this bow very much. I like especially the unique way you fashioned the static curves.  Gordon

VERY nice work!  The fit and finish of that bow is great.  I appreciate your attention to detail, and the full draw looks great.  4est Trekker

« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 07:42:48 pm by criveraville »
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline adb

Re: Congratulations to adb for winning February Backed BOM!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 05:48:27 pm »
Thank you to all who voted for this bow, finding it worthy of BOM status. I greatly appreciate the vote of confidence. Thanks so much!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 07:29:25 pm »
Congratulations Adam. Very nice bow and interesting build along.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Clean_Missed

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 08:01:28 pm »
Congrats Adam! Im glad I had that chance to see that beauty in person. I might have to see if I can squeeze some more cash outta the personal development fund to do another course with you to get one of those for myself... ;)
Sincerely,

Clean_Missed

"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."

-ALBERT EINSTEIN

Offline adb

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 08:22:30 pm »
Congrats Adam! Im glad I had that chance to see that beauty in person. I might have to see if I can squeeze some more cash outta the personal development fund to do another course with you to get one of those for myself... ;)

I'm here!

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 10:14:46 pm »
Congrats Adam. That bows got great looks and a beautiful bend, a winner all around.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 06:00:24 am »
Congrats,very nice bow and well deserved win. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 09:09:15 am »
adb, congratulations on a beauty from tip to tip...Excellent work and detail, top of the line...
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline DuBois

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 10:44:11 am »
Congratulations!
That is a beautiful creation you have there.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 10:59:03 am »
Congrats there adb, looks great

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 10:40:47 am »
Congrats man.  That is one smooth looking bow.