Author Topic: It's All About The South  (Read 13891 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: It's All About The South
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2014, 09:45:59 am »
     Yeah, Don, it was once fairly popular down here, in Florida, and elsewhere I assume.  I don't know if it is still being made or not, as I have not been looking for it.  But now, I will see if it is still available.  I will have to ask at the Total Wines store, and see if they have it or know if it is still available.  I know I have drank it before, but I can't remember if it was real good or not.  But back then I was not as particular as I am in my "Golden years" ::)
I also liked Schafers long necks.  I have even drank Schlitz, and Rhinegold. ;)  And liked them! ;) :)  One thing the Government needs to figure out, is it isn't a good idea, to mess with the populace's beer! ;) Could bring things to a head...... ::)

Wayne
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 02:28:08 pm by stickbender »

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2014, 01:46:09 pm »
I like Canadian beer too! My fav is Molson's pilsner.

Adam, I'll take Molson's Canadian, too. I've got my Sub-Zero Draught glass in the freezer.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2014, 03:59:17 pm »
When I was in college in Jenson Beach Fl.(1969-1971) I could walk from my dorm about a mile to a little fish camp and buy a 6pk of Falstaff for $.99 with money I made picking up beer bottles on the side of the road.  ;D  Oh, the good ole days!!!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2014, 05:01:28 pm »
Now your talkin  :laugh:
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2014, 06:39:27 pm »
Pat, I still have a Falstaff steel can you had to open with a Church key. Used to buy quarts of 90 cent Falstaff and Schlitz, same as you, aved the bottles and the old man that sold it to us wouldn't charge us the deposit if we promised to bring back the empties.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Brock

« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2014, 07:21:23 pm »
Born and raised Charleston SC...retired from military here and plan on dying here unless a wealthy benefactor gives me a few hundred acres of land in Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Iowa or even here in South Carolina (South Cackalacky)

Offline Marks

« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2014, 11:08:46 am »
How did It's all about the South turn into a Canadian Beer discussion? haha. I would participate but I don't partake. I do like the color of those blue Bud Light Platinum bottles so I'll just vote for that one.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2014, 06:52:21 pm »
I think I speak for most of the South when I say you can keep your hockey. I'd rather have my Football.
I think I speak for most Yankees when I say ' You can have your, hockey, polar bears and the Queen. I'll take my GUNS"
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2014, 08:07:07 pm »
I think I speak for most of the South when I say you can keep your hockey. I'd rather have my Football.
I think I speak for most Yankees when I say ' You can have your, hockey, polar bears and the Queen. I'll take my GUNS"
Zuma

I Speak for Me and Mine when I say Hell Yeah!
On this point, If no other,  we are in Complete Agreement!  ;)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2014, 11:30:15 pm »
How did It's all about the South turn into a Canadian Beer discussion? haha. I would participate but I don't partake. I do like the color of those blue Bud Light Platinum bottles so I'll just vote for that one.

Mark, Canadians always making fun of us but still want to be included, kinda like a redheaded stepchild. ;D ;)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2014, 01:43:02 am »

I think it has something to do with extreme cold, it affects them. ;D  Hey, it's s minus30, and it's only a 15 mph wind.  Time for some hockey eh?  I'll get my skates!

Wayne

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2014, 07:48:20 am »
Please Marks,no BL talk here. ;) :) that's almost as bad as FG/religion or politics maybe worse.  ;) :) :) :)  >:D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Marks

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2014, 10:33:50 am »
Haha, Oops. I forgot.

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2014, 11:05:55 am »
Pappy will open a can of Miller Light whoop azz!!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Zuma

« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2014, 10:18:52 pm »

I think it has something to do with extreme cold, it affects them. ;D  Hey, it's s minus30, and it's only a 15 mph wind.  Time for some hockey eh?  I'll get my skates!

Wayne
;D Gus
Lol, The very first night I spent in Florida, maybe back in January of 1985, the news person said,
"The temperature is 72, with a wind chill of 71"
LMAO, Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.