Author Topic: Springfield, Missouri area bowyers!  (Read 23669 times)

Offline Onebowonder

Re: Springfield, Missouri area bowyers!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 11:45:30 am »
I just spoke to another buddy this morning from last year's MOJAM that lives here in Springfield as well.  He says he'd be interested in doing some kind of monthly get together bow building event as well.

OneBow

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 01:00:29 pm »
Awesome! We are going to have a bunch of people before long!
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 01:55:19 pm »
Awesome! We are going to have a bunch of people before long!

Maybe this is the start of something AWESOME!  I mean there was a time when Twin Oaks was just a glimmer of an imagined dream in Pappy's mind, right?  Now it's danged near heaven on EARTH!!!  Start small, ...see what happens.

OneBow

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2014, 02:37:34 pm »
If you guys are ever up in the Kansas City area, a bunch of us get together every Wednesday night.

Offline Patches

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 02:53:59 pm »
I would be interested in coming down when you guys get something together.  I can be in Springfield in just under 2 hours.  Please let me kow when you're meeting and I will try to be there. 
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Aaron H

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2014, 01:48:17 am »
Thanks falcon, I met Wayne a month or so ago down here in battlefield, Mo at a thing they have for the trail of tears every year. It was a very cool conversation I had with him. He is a very knowledgeable bowyer. He was chasing a ring on a very thin ring Osage stave when I seen him. Wish I would have had more time to spend visiting with him. What's cool is that the event is almost literally in my back yard. 

Onebow, I would be willing to put the effort into it! I think it would be awesome! I might even know a place we could do it at. But let's not put the cart before the horse. Good thing is though, Springfield is about dead center in the U.S. so it would be fair for everyone mes the most part.
We need to get something planned though, I even got asked today if I would be willing to teach someone.  They were very interesting people, homesteaders that are Cherokee Indians. Very cool people, and they called me earlier tonight to saw they are going to mojam as well.

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2014, 01:52:30 am »
Patches, onebow and I talked about trying to get together after mojam. I will do my best to get everyone informed.

We all should p.m. and get our contact info exchanged.

Offline J05H

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 06:01:17 am »
Hey guys, I'm from Lead Hill AR. about an hour and a half from Springfield. If you guys get anything set up, let me know.
If you never have time to do it right, you'll always have time to do it over.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2014, 03:29:29 pm »
Will do bud, I will try to send everyone a PM and collect phone numbers after MOJam! Good to hear from ya Josh!  Patrick

Offline DavidV

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2014, 01:51:37 pm »
I'm in Strafford, just east of Springfield. If you guys get something together, I'll definately come.
Springfield, MO

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2014, 06:04:42 pm »
Awesome! Onebow ain't far from ya! We will be in touch.

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2014, 12:55:59 pm »
Patrick, Devon and I got together for a little bit this Saturday to scrape on bows.  It was certainly Hot enuf - but it was a good time nonetheless.  We're going to figure out how to do some more of this soon...  I'll post details and an invite here when we get some more solid-ish plans established.

OneBow

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2014, 03:12:35 pm »
Yes, it was a lot of fun! I personally had a little trouble with the heat. But we had plenty of shade a fan and good cold drinks. I got some pics but none with all three of us together. Here is what I got!

Devin's stave horse transportation method! He lives two house down from me.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2014, 04:24:18 pm »
Hopefully Devin didn't have to use same method of transport to travel to MOJam.
Also, that bench of his is soooooo comfortable!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857