Author Topic: osage stick  (Read 4675 times)

Offline DarkSoul

• Orion Bows
Re: osage stick
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 08:14:17 am »
Good job! I like those skinny tips. The tiller of a character stave such as this one always looks a bit wonky, but I think you should be happy with what you got :) No need to cover up that beautiful wood by a handle wrap. Good choice on that!
"Sonuit contento nervus ab arcu."
Ovid, Metamorphoses VI-286

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 08:16:17 am »
That's a beauty.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 09:28:25 am »
Osage stick? Well it used to be until you got a hold of it and turned it into a bow, nice bend...
                                                                                                    Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 09:49:51 am »
Very nice. You did a good job on a tough stave. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 12:03:13 pm »
Carerful, - - - someone will put an eye out with that thing!  Awesome job on those skinny tips!  Those may even be a bit too skinny for the likes of Mr. Blackhawk.  He probably wishes he could do tips as skinny as yours...  :P

OneBow

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 12:56:49 pm »
Carerful, - - - someone will put an eye out with that thing!  Awesome job on those skinny tips!  Those may even be a bit too skinny for the likes of Mr. Blackhawk.  He probably wishes he could do tips as skinny as yours...  :P

OneBow

Uh oh, I see a challenge being thrown out here!  Ball is in your court, Blackhawk. :laugh:
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline John D

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 01:56:53 pm »
yeah after tillering the bow I was a bit puzzled with how the brace looked, but the draw felt even and so did the tiller, so I let it be.

Sage-like wisdom!  Couple more decades and I may have the discipline  to "let it be"

You've done some excellent work on this bow.  Thank you for sharing.

John D.

Boise

Offline AH

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 08:38:57 pm »

OneBow

Uh oh, I see a challenge being thrown out here!  Ball is in your court, Blackhawk. :laugh:
oops.  ;D

Offline DuBois

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 09:49:37 pm »
I like what you did there! Could pick your teeth with those tips  ;D