Author Topic: Need arrows, have character black locust & 44"TtT ~30#@22" shortbow (pic heavy)  (Read 3832 times)

Offline huisme

• I'm Marc, but not that Marc.
Mohawk ran into trouble that kept him from being able to make arrows, so the bow or a stave are up for trade again!

I'm looking for three 30" 25-30# spine field arrows, five 30" 40-45# spine field arrows. I am no good at making arrows, so I am looking to have them made for me since they're for friends ::)

I was wrong about the draw length last time and there are some very minor chrysals I photographed for you from when I drew it to twenty six.

The bow

The leather needs to come off so I can redo the finish with some tru-oil before I ship this thing, should be at the post office next time I get into town.

The chrysals. They haven't altered the tiller or reduced the draw weight by more than an ounce but I can still understand if this makes the bow undesirable.

On the other hand, I just shot this to show that it's still shooting like a champ.

These are the staves I showed Neolithicman, he picked the far left ~66" stave.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 09:06:00 pm by huisme »
50#@26"
Black locust. Black locust everywhere.
Mollegabets all day long.
Might as well make them short, save some wood to keep warm.

Offline NeolithicMan

• No beliefs, just ideas
aaaaah, just throw it in with the stave you are sending me!  >:D
John, 40-65# @ 28" Central New York state. Never enough bows, never enough arrows!

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Send me a PM if interested.
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline huisme

• I'm Marc, but not that Marc.
The chrysals came off when I sanded the old finish away. Exact weight is 31.4#@22.5", she's getting tru-oil and new leather.
50#@26"
Black locust. Black locust everywhere.
Mollegabets all day long.
Might as well make them short, save some wood to keep warm.