Author Topic: Congratulations to Will H for winning February Self BOM!!!  (Read 4293 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Congratulations to Will H for winning February Self BOM!!!
« on: March 17, 2014, 04:08:26 pm »

Congratulations to Will H for winning Self BOM for February with his R/D Osage w/copperheads!!!

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,45438.0.html

Here is what Will H had to say: I've been foolin around with some different r/d shapes on Osage selfbows for the last couple months. This is the fifth and my favorite so far. I built this bow with one thing in mind. Deer killin!  Its from a very dark set of matched billets I've been holding onto for a while now. I'd say it's some of the most beautiful Osage I've ever run across! So I decided after shooting the bow in for a week or so that it shot so well I would have to put a killer set of skins on it and make it my #1 hunting bow for next year  I talked my wife into going outside and taking a couple pics for me so I could share it with you folks  thanks fer lookin! 

64" NtN with the bottom limb 2" shorter
42#@28"
1 1/2" to mid-limb then tapering to 1/2" nocks
3" Fades
Horn tip overlays
10 strand D97 string 
Here are what some forum members had to say about:
well now I will go hide my r/d attempt in the corner of shame that's a beauty Will, Bub

Nice bow. The deer will be happy to be taken down with such a fine piece of work. Def a contender for Self BOY....Nice job!! Mohawk13

Will, that bow is one of the coolest R/D bows I've seen on this site. The strung and unstrung looks gorgeous and I'm a sucker for osage and copper heads. I think the coloer scheme was made for each other.  Danny

well thats just great, a few months in and already found the BOY! , really gorgeous bow there, love the copper on osage.  NeolithicMan

Nicely done in every detail Will, a real fine bow there. I'll be wanting to see that beauty up close, wheres its gonna be hanging up at the classic this spring so I can come by and admire it.  Looks like it puts the arrows where you want 'em too.  Badly Bent

Wow man.  Now that's a how.  Well done I love everything about that one.  Looks like a joy to shoot with not having to strain too hard to get the job done.  I hope you make meat with it in the fall .  IdahoMatt
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 07:41:31 pm by criveraville »
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Congratulations to Will H for winning February Self BOM!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 07:30:33 pm »
Congratulations Will. Very cool bow.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline seabass

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 07:40:28 pm »
congrats Will.you did real good on that one brother.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 10:12:00 pm »
Congrats big Will! That is one fine bow mister, look forward to seeing that one up close.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 06:01:43 am »
Nice job Will,cool bow for sure. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 09:02:52 am »
Will, Congratulations buddy, That is one fine bow... 8)  Exceptional job on every aspect from photos to full draw, my hat's off to ya sir...
                                            Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 10:59:39 am »
Well deserved.

Offline Will H

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 05:01:23 pm »
Wow! I sure didn't see this one comin! Thank you!! What an honor!  :o
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 10:43:03 am »
That bow is nuttier than a squirrel turd.  I love it