Author Topic: Gettin in some pre-classic practice  (Read 6541 times)

Stringman

Gettin in some pre-classic practice
« on: April 07, 2014, 01:54:51 pm »
It's been a long cold and wet winter. Not had much enthusiasm for the finer arts of form and shooting. Now that the winter season seems to be behind us, I took some time to get out and fling some wood. I have a new batch of arrows and a recent acquisition that needed some testing. Looks like a match to me.

Any body else out there getting there string on?

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Gettin in some pre-classic practice
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 02:24:44 pm »
I've been trying to get some shooting in also.  Looks like you are doing a lot better than I am.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 09:27:00 pm »
Heck yeah.  I was right there with you, don't you remember?   That's my big fat cane arrow way up at 11 o'clock  above yours in the pic....  the one that almost missed the whole danged bale! ;D  Just foolin' Scott.  That is doggone good shooting.  Hope to see you at the Classsic.  I want to talk knapping with you. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 04:08:20 am »
That looks like a James Parker bow.

NICE GROUP!
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 04:49:24 am »
Nice group and bow!  Heck I've been shooting all winter and don't often shoot groups like that!   ;)
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 04:35:05 pm »

NICE GROUP!

Nope! Guess again Brycey!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 05:59:28 pm »

NICE GROUP!

Nope! Guess again Brycey!

Probably a Chris bow then. But man it look a lot like my Parker bow.

Oh and Scott, next time shoot the arrows instead of just sticking them in the bale  >:D
Clatskanie, Oregon

Stringman

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 06:31:32 pm »
The bow is a bit of a collaboration effort, and I'm proud to own it. It's crazy fast, stable and easy on the hands. Suffice it to say, the bow probably shoots better than I do.  (And yes these arrows were shot from this bow, but I'm not saying how far from the target I was.  >:D )

Looking forward to meeting you too, Howard!

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 09:28:08 pm »
When I read the title of this post I thought you had already cracked the seal on a jar,,,lol

Now that this has been mentioned, I have never shot at the Classic. What distances and types of shots should someone expect to have at the shoot. I think they are all 3D targets?
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 10:52:37 pm »
NC the 3-D ranges are set up for hunters with reasonable distances and real life situations. There are 2, 3D courses and a practice course, all 3D and a practice range at the target butts. Everything about it is top shelf.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 09:04:36 am »
Good shooting,but you are going to have to better than that. ;) ;D ;D ;D Just kidding that is a nice group,way better than mine at any range. :) What Pat said NC.most shots 20 or less maybe a 25 thrown in on a large deer or brown bear ,now maybe on the moose/boo/Elk it may be a bit futher but the Moose is big as a house. ;) :) :) Very resonable distance.  :) Looking forward to seeing yall in a few weeks. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 12:14:17 pm »
Looks good, I was wondering about that stray arrow at 11'oclock! 
Man, I'm getting excited.
1’—>1’

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 02:08:55 pm »
That's my arrow Stevie!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Stringman

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 02:50:05 pm »
Nope that's just a stick I like to hang ballons on. Fun to shoot in a breeze. Forces your eye to aim for the center and not just aim for a dot. Also imitates live animals much better as you must time the shot to coincide with when it stops dancing. On top of that kids love to make it pop!

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 11:45:44 pm »
I've been trying to do some shooting to get limber for the classic also but my arrows aren't hitting like that tight group  from your bow Scott. I can see that I better get out in the backyard more often and practice or I'll have to resort to some form of cheating so I won't embarrass myself on the range down there. ;)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.