Author Topic: Just about done tillering my newest (3rd) RO board...with pics  (Read 3050 times)

Offline BOWMAN53

Re: Just about done tillering my newest (3rd) RO board...with pics
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 12:59:48 pm »
your next one will be way better.

Offline redboard

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 01:06:10 pm »
winner winner, chicken dinner!

Offline The Gopher

• Aim Small, Miss Small
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 04:41:34 pm »
are you really drawing 30" with a traditional bow? I know a lot of guys who start shooting trad after shooting a compound and say they are drawing 29 or 30 inches, but when actually checking their draw length they are only drawing 27 or so. Now if your draw is really only 27 but you are tillering to 30, then your design options change a lot. Just thought i'd mention it.
45# at 27"

Offline redboard

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 06:44:29 pm »
well, it depends on which way I measure for draw. If I do the yard stick on you chest thing, I get 26.5" draw. If I string a bow and stick an arrow in , draw like I usually do, I get 30. I must have TERRIBLE form! But I can pin a soda can to a fence at 20 yards...bad form notwithstanding

Offline bow101

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 07:11:08 pm »
redboard;  These are just some of things I did not adhere to when building a bow.
  Get your taper down pat, you will notice most guys on here get the tips down to 3/8" or smaller before even scraping the belly.  Don't pull past your intended draw weight.  Get 'er on the short string the sooner the better.  And the mirror is the best way to check final tiller, not the stick.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell