Author Topic: New cane arrows.  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Scottski

New cane arrows.
« on: May 10, 2014, 11:48:39 pm »
My young neighbor got him a bow last week but no arrows. He has no money after that and ask me how he could get some cheap arrows? So being me I go to wal-mart pick up some cane tomato stakes. I have goose feathers. Go to his house and told him I won't make your arrows BUT i will teach you how to make your own.ine are red wraps his are the blue. He picked it up fast and done a pretty fair job. I just text me and said they have more cane. He is hooked and wants to start making another set.
Did the Native Americans think about all this that much or just do it?

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
Re: New cane arrows.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 12:41:38 am »
Good job Scottski. Nothing finer than a matched set of Good Arrows.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 09:12:33 am »
...teach a man to make arrows and he will always have arrows!  8)  Nice arrows and a great gesture.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 10:35:20 am »
Those are sweet! Good onya Bro!... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 02:07:45 pm »
Nice!  At times it is easier to just make something for someone but by teaching him how to do it himself you have done him an even greater service. Also very cool that he enjoyed the arrow building and wants to do more, nice work Scottski.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.