Author Topic: Hackberry and White birch bark for my wife  (Read 7408 times)

Offline burchett.donald

Re: Hackberry and White birch bark for my wife
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2014, 09:12:05 am »
  The backing! Beautiful  8)  And it's wonderful you both enjoy archery together. My wife shot with me a while and was actually very good, then I started putting to much pressure on her she developed target panic and quit. I just should have let her enjoy herself...When we fish together she gets mad at me for watching her cork and telling her to pull now!  ;D
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Blackcoyote

Re: Hackberry and White birch bark for my wife
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2014, 09:42:42 am »
Paulie - Yes my oldest has an Osage bow I made him, and my youngest has a sweet osage "real bow" CK made him after Marshall last year!

PatM, that's interesting, any ideas where I can find some historical stuff like that? I'd love to do some research not to mention see how it was done!

Crogacht, the pieces I used were one piece for each limb, I cut it off the tree about 2" wide and it pops off in one solid piece several layers thick - this was off a tree that was cut down, not a standing live tree. The white birch in the pic was an area we cut down after the pics for habitat, they we dead standing trees.  My parents place is loaded with birch!

Idahomatt - Thanks!

TimothyR - Thanks! it's all good at least she shoots! Might want to just build a lightweight bow for her to have around....maybe she'll surprise you and give it a try sometime!

hrhodes- thanks!

Trapper Rob - thanks! hope your trapping season went well!

Danz bar, Thanks, yes sir I should be there Thursday sometime!

Badly Bent, thanks....I've still got a lot to learn!  Yes, she's a rabbit hunting machine even this year when the snow was up to her knees!

Adb, Senora Coyote Negro has an armguard and glove she was too busy chasing our boys through the woods to grab that stuff!

Burchett.donald - thanks! I've learned from her, to just give encouragement, and only offer help when she asks or I see her struggling...I also will drop what i'm doing if she wants to shoot, and enjoy what ever type of shooting she wants to do - whether it's aerials, targets, stump shooting or just flu flus and chasing an empty 2 liter bottle around the yard!
Drew - St. Johns, Michigan