Author Topic: Ukulele World Congress  (Read 6358 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Ukulele World Congress
« on: May 13, 2014, 01:32:39 pm »
It's that time again!! UWC #6 will be held the 6th, 7th and 8th of June at Needmore field in Brown County Indiana. Last year we had people come from 7 countries and 28 states. Huge free party for uke players. No 6 strings and drumming only at fire, not on stage.

For more info, look it up on your favorite internet browser.  It's like the TN Classic for Ukulele. Some folks will be there starting May 30 and staying through June 10.

If you play the uke and like to camp, this is your place. Free pot luck dinner on Saturday night!!

Have a gooder, dpgratz 
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

blackhawk

Re: Ukulele World Congress
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 02:41:53 pm »
You always bring this up at the classic...so after the classic this year I searched it,and found a bunch of pics from it,and listened n watched some of the YouTube videos from it....it seems like a small side tangent 10 tangents away from a dead or phish show ...lol..but with ukes  :laugh: ...I can see how that'd be fun  8).  But how come I didn't see any pics with you in them,or you hippy dancing on stage with the flea bitten dawgs  ???  :-*  :laugh:

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 04:37:03 pm »
Oh, there's videos of my out there.  ;) dp

Tommy and David are some good buddies of mine. Flea Bitten Dawgs. They are the first to show up and the last to leave. I don't do all the fb and shtuff. The guy who puts it on, Mainland Mike, hoosierhiver, is one of my best buddies, and I started him playing uke. I'm a celb out there to lots of the old heads.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 04:41:42 pm by bowtarist »

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 09:59:48 am »
STARTS ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!! First folks from Missouri are showing up tonight! Come on out anytime!! Look it up on the intranet and come on out!!! IT'S FREE!!

dp

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 12:02:49 pm »
Don't forget your camera, Derik...and don't forget to use it!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 12:22:36 pm »
Don't forget your camera, Derik...and don't forget to use it!  ;)

I'll do my best Pat.  Gonna have to take pics early so I don't get my camera wet. My hands tend to always be dripping w/ ice cold cooler water when I'm at this event.  ;) dp

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 11:09:24 pm »
Seven folks already there as of Monday. Jenny from Austrailia, Tommy Dawg and Fran from St. Louis, Yoppy and his daughter from Arkansas, and Mandy and Bateman from Seattle.

sorry for all the non-archery posts, but I do knapp there and I have brought my bow and target for Yopps daughter to shoot in the past, so the archery stuff is there.  ;D dp

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 10:02:06 am »
You have fun,and we want pictures. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 10:12:04 am »
Will do my best Pappy. My buddy Rel-Bar gets to towm tonight from Paris France. We will probably hit the field for a bit, then come back here. Getting tattooed tomorrow at 1:30p.

Twenty folks out there Tuesday night and last night was an open mike that the whole group took over and played at. I missed it due to having my kids still in school and needing to be here for the wife since after Rel-Bar gets here it will be all over for me until he leaves. Cheers, dp

pics...take pictures, take pictures, gotta remind myself of that.  ;)

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 10:29:59 am »
OMG! What a trip. From Thursday to Monday I whooped it up with my Parisian Brother,
Rel-Bar, and am just now able to function a little today. I also lost my camera til last night when my wife thought she saw it under a bunch of stuff in her van. The 6th UWC was a blast. I'm only gonna post my 6 pic limit, but if you want to see more, you can fb or youtube Ukulele World Congreass for more. Gots to go for now, we leave for Virginia tomorrow morning. Have a gooder y'all and thanks for looking, dp

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 10:34:22 am »
Oh yea, I met a guy named Shawn who saw my "Kentucky Keepers" arrow head shirt on Saturday night. He's from Levinworth, Indiana and is an artifact collector. We had a great talk and I showed him some of my points, he was critical on my style, but I learned a bunch from him and had a great time. I really wish I could make it to Eric;s knapp in, he'll be there if anyone is going to Eric's this weekend for the Fathers Day Knap-in. I'm gonna do my best to make it there next year.  ;) dp

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 11:43:52 am »
Looks like a blast,man do you ever work  :-\ ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 12:35:42 pm »
Looks like a blast,man do you ever work  :-\ ;) :)
 Pappy

LOL...Pappy, I'm an inner city high school welding instructor.  :o This is my time of the year right now Pappy!!  ;)  ;D ;D ;D ;D >:D And I'm havin a GOODER!!!! dp

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 01:39:07 pm »
Thanks for the pics Derik. It does look like a gooder.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC