Author Topic: Elm Hall shoot Aug 1-3  (Read 55553 times)

Offline Forest_Farmer

• The best things in life are not things,,,,,,!
Re: Elm Hall shoot Aug 1-3
« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2014, 08:02:58 pm »
No worries Greg any advise can be given and I'm sure it will give me better insight than I have now (which is very little).

I forgot to say congrats to Pappy also for the bow of the month.  That's a nice piece of yew Mark, I'd love to fling a arrow with it to see how if feels,  Matt W seemed to really like it so it must be a smooth shooter!
See ya next Friday.
Ed
When I stop learning please put me in a box!

Offline RyanR

« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2014, 08:32:01 pm »
Well boys, its almost here.  Just a few more days.  Put the finishing touches on my arrows and build a bench to bring for some bow building.  We could do an all night buildathon.   >:D >:D  Should roll in thursday evening if things go as planned.  See you all then.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #182 on: July 28, 2014, 05:31:24 am »
Yep,here for us Now, ;) :) :) we are headed that way early afternoon,hope to roll in Mid night tonight,see yall soon. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #183 on: July 28, 2014, 08:56:55 am »
Everyone have a safe trip and a great shoot. Wish I was coming with you guys. Don't forget your cameras and don't forget to take pics with them.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #184 on: July 28, 2014, 09:01:16 am »
Pat I promise you Ill take and post no less than 30 pics!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #185 on: July 28, 2014, 09:43:52 am »
We could do an all night buildathon.

Ryan, many all nighters have been pulled at Elm hall, but none building bows!  >:D
Drew - St. Johns, Michigan

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #186 on: July 28, 2014, 12:28:06 pm »
Headed to Twin Oaks for the load up and drive north.  See ya'll soon.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #187 on: July 28, 2014, 01:01:45 pm »
Here waiting on the guys I'm passed ready to leave, trailer almost loaded.Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #188 on: July 28, 2014, 01:05:11 pm »
Bring your rain coats and knee boots fella's!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2014, 06:33:27 am »
Beautiful up here, weather couldn't . Rolled in about 11pm got a few hours sleep and one seating by the fire , life is really good, now need some daylight so we can get out and shoot. See y'all in a few days, Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #190 on: July 29, 2014, 07:24:42 am »
Are you on your phone mister! Shut that thing off and drink your coffee!

Offline BDan

« Reply #191 on: July 29, 2014, 07:36:46 am »
What is the weather forecast for the weekend, I should be up Thursday afternoon.     BDan

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #192 on: July 29, 2014, 08:05:25 am »
Its looking decent Dan. Bring plenty of bug dope and Id suggest long pants on the courses, lots of poison ivy this year, everywhere up here.

owlbait

« Reply #193 on: July 29, 2014, 09:29:50 am »
Hey Chris, how many targets on the practice range? I'm done fighting the bugs and poison ivy this year! Will the long shot bear target be there again? I'm bringing a couple of selfbows this year so I don't get the stinkeye for shooting a glass bow! ::) ;)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #194 on: July 29, 2014, 09:36:35 am »
The only other range to shoot is the stuffed bag range. I think there are 6-8 bags lined up on the rifle range. Don't let a few bugs and poison ivy slow ya' down you ol' sissy teach! The way it has been up here this year you'd have to stay indoors all summer! Bugs and ivy are EVERYWHERE in this state. I was hiking the Manistee last weekend and seen it everywhere there to, plus skeeters.

Actually, the money bear and a few other novelty shoots will be available. One brand new I guess. Plenty of chances to lose arrows!