Author Topic: No "bump" back quiver?  (Read 7121 times)

Offline Arrowind

No "bump" back quiver?
« on: May 24, 2014, 08:03:46 pm »
I was wondering if anyone can suggest a method for making a "no bump" back quiver.   I like back quivers but hate having to bump it up or in my case tug on the strap to pull it up to grab an arrow....

I would appreciate any pointers or suggestions.  thanks!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: No "bump" back quiver?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 09:13:58 pm »
How about one of those side draw quivers?  You can wear them lower on the back so they do not stick up above your head like a radio antenna on a WWII soldier.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 12:29:23 pm »
Hey thats a good Idea.....   Radio controlled arrows..  Maybe my shooting would improve!  :laugh:

Do you mean wearing a side quiver on your back!  Or just switching to one instead?
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 09:25:45 pm »
A side draw quiver has a cutout on the side. You grab the arrow, slide it backwards a bit to clear the broadhead and then it slips out the side of the quiver!  Ta Da!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Newindian

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 09:55:25 pm »
Add a third strap to your back quiver, it should start at the quiver go under your arm( side that your arrows are on) and attach to the main strap on your chest. Works even better if all three ends attach to a ring on your chest making three straps that can move independent of each other
I like free stuff.

Offline agd68

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 06:41:48 pm »
How about a thong that goes from the strap down to your belt. That should keep the strap from sliding up over your shoulder
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh

Offline chamookman

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 05:22:08 am »
Lakota styles work real well ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Sidmand

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 05:04:12 pm »
I made a couple of side draw quivers like suggested, I like em a lot.  This one is made from 3" pvc, then wrapped with burlap with some green plastic "moss" mixed in.  strap is made from paracord, decorated with paracord as well.
"Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing." --> Aristotle

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 11:56:06 am »
A side draw quiver has a cutout on the side. You grab the arrow, slide it backwards a bit to clear the broadhead and then it slips out the side of the quiver!  Ta Da!

Oh that's cool.  I'll have to check that out.  Thanks.

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 11:59:44 am »
Thanks everyone.   I appreciate all the suggestions!  Sidmand that looks cool!  8)