Author Topic: Tillering problems. I really think its the wood's fault, not the bowyer.  (Read 11948 times)

Offline Goose Fletch

for anyone still following: this bow now weighs 85#@28 inches, it is shot in, and tips are tapered and it is giving me a bloody good elbow thrashing LOL. actually, the string almost took a nipple off after the first shot....  :o it casts a barreled poplar arrow about 150 yards, but i think i can get a bit more out of it with better form and longer draw. lost that arrow in tall hay unfortunately.

the most useful lesson i learned was flipping the bow and letting the wood choose the top limb, knowing when to leave it and finally, understanding the value of perseverance. thanks, bowyers.

cheers!

Offline toomanyknots

for anyone still following: this bow now weighs 85#@28 inches, it is shot in, and tips are tapered and it is giving me a bloody good elbow thrashing LOL. actually, the string almost took a nipple off after the first shot....  :o it casts a barreled poplar arrow about 150 yards, but i think i can get a bit more out of it with better form and longer draw. lost that arrow in tall hay unfortunately.

the most useful lesson i learned was flipping the bow and letting the wood choose the top limb, knowing when to leave it and finally, understanding the value of perseverance. thanks, bowyers.

cheers!

Thank YOU fellow bowyer for sharing your bow and your "bowyering",  ;).
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair