Author Topic: I was thinking about DCM today  (Read 2738 times)

Offline Badger

I was thinking about DCM today
« on: June 06, 2014, 12:12:59 am »
  Some of the newer guys might not remember Dave but those of us who have been here awhle all new david very well. Always a straight shooting, reasonable but no b.s. type of guy. We used to talk on the phone quite a bit and he was always telling me the most he could get out of a bow was a +12, it was beyond him how a lot of guys were posting numbers of +30 using Mojam standard of measure. I kept telling Dave, I said I know your bows are faster than that. He sent me one shortly before he died he said was unfinished, I checked it out and tiller was spot on, weight about 63#. I shot it through the chrono and got like a +25 mojam was won with a plus 17. I gave Dave a call to tell him and his wife said he was too out of it to talk and I think he died a cople of days later. It still bothers me I couldn't tell him that.

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
Re: I was thinking about DCM today
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 12:48:30 am »
I remember him back when I was a newer member and I specifically remember him impressing me as as a good bowyer and real nice, stand up straight no crap guy.
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 01:17:44 am »
Dave was a great guy and very good bowyer. He understood bows as well as anyone else I know.  I met Dave at the Classic a few years back, actually he approached me. We had discussed bows on TG and later on PA shortly before he passed.  Dave called me on the phone only a few days before he passed.
 Steve, he knows!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 05:25:17 am »
Yep,think about him often. Great guy and bow maker for sure.  :(
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 07:50:06 am »
He was on here already when I first came on the site. He always handed out rock solid advice and his bows were just like him, just good, straight shooting, no nonsense bows.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?