Author Topic: thuia wood is good for bows  (Read 4317 times)

Offline anasazzi

thuia wood is good for bows
« on: January 01, 2008, 06:17:41 pm »
HI everyone.my englis is basic and long time not use ,sou foghive my mistake.i have 2 pice of thuia tree is very drai and very streith ,5 inchi diameter .i ask you if is good for bows ? enibody start a bow vit thuia wood?in romania is hard to ghet god wood for bows in citi ,usual is abies alba dont nou englis name, is porles of pine tree.thuia is an american tree ,usit in park decoration and garden in romania .Thanks for PA  i visit dis site almost every wekend in last 6 months until i subscribe today,Thanks
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 06:30:05 pm by Justin Snyder »

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: thuia wood is good for bows
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 07:29:37 pm »
  Anasazzi, Welcome, I know the feeling with English. I work in Foreign countries and have had trouble ordering food. The only advice I can offer is ,if it's straight and 5" in diameter, try it. You can split it, if one breaks,try something different with the remaining stave. If they both break, try a different wood. :) I'm not sure which tree you are talking about, maybe , Thule. If so I'd try it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 08:38:33 pm »
Anasazzi, If you are talking about Thuja (arborvitae or white cedar) then it probably will not make good bow wood.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline anasazzi

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 08:52:35 pm »
thanks Mullet and pat  .yes is thuja occidentalis tree ,conifer , grous slouly, pices i have is 15 yers old.  another wood i ned for bow ,not thuja.thanks aghain.