Author Topic: The new Guy from Germany.....  (Read 6857 times)

Offline Benedikt

The new Guy from Germany.....
« on: June 15, 2014, 05:58:21 am »
Hey Guys,
I'm the new one  ;D

First of all, sorry for my bad English  ::)
Of course, you may correct my mistakes, because it would be nice to improve myself a little bit :)

But now, my "Bowmaking-Story"  ;D
My name is Benedikt, I'm 14 years old and live in Breitenbrunn, a small village in Bavaria, Germany.
I'm also Member of a German Bowmaking-Community, called Fletchers Corner, but I've decided to sing up here, too, because this is a place full of Knowledge
8 Month ago, I decided to make a bow. I don't know why, I just wanted to make one, I think some of you know this feeling ;D
I bought an ash-stave and made my first flatbow, with 27#@28". And He's still shooting ;D
Since then, i built round about 10 bows, and this winter, I was very lucky :)
I've received "a little bit wood" from our forester, black locust and elm.
Now, i have 256 black locust Staves and 63 elm Staves ;D
On the picture, you can see my black locust supply ::)

Actually, I'm building a black locust bow with Sapwood an the back, I have started a little(German) Buildalong here.

That's all from me ;D
I hope, my English isn't as terrible as I think ::)

Regards,
Benedikt
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 06:36:39 am by Benedikt »
A dream is not reality, but who is to say which is which?

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Re: The ney Guy from Germany.....
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 06:32:44 am »
Hi good to have you on board. That's a fine stash of timber :)
Your English is fine (better than my German) and those guys from the US won't notice anyway ;)
Del (I'm in the UK)
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: The new Guy from Germany.....
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 11:38:08 am »
Welcome to PA Benedikt. Looks like you have a good grasp of this wood bow building addiction and a nice stash of wood to feed it.  ;)
 We have a few members from Germany and all are excellent bowyers that contribute very much to our site. Looking forward to seeing some of your bows and following you and assisting you through your journey.
 Your English is as good as many here on PA.  ;D  A few of us got to meet Del the Cat at an archery shoot near Nashville Tenn this past spring. His English sounded pretty funny to us.   8)  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 02:15:48 pm »
Thanks you too  :)
I also hope I'm a little enrichment for this great community, and I'm looking forward to share my experiences with you :)
Regards,
Benedikt
A dream is not reality, but who is to say which is which?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 03:14:03 pm »
Vertrauen Sie mir, ich weiß, viele Amerikaner, die nicht Englisch sprechen, ebenso wie Sie tun!

If you are 14 years old and 8 months ago you were suddenly filled with an urge to make bows, then you are a normal human being! I am sure all of us remember that feeling!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 05:32:47 am »
Welcome,gald you found us,looking forward to seeing some of you work. :) Your English is no wors than mine. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 02:34:27 pm »
Ah yes! Our German posse is growing! I love it.  Welcome aboard.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 03:24:12 pm »
Welcome
Looks like you got the bug bad  :laugh: :laugh:
Have fun !!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline stickbender

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 04:07:52 pm »

Vigates, undt, wilkomen.  Sorry about the poor Deutch.  I threw in a Pennsylvania Dutch welcome, (Wilkomen)  ;) ;D
Your English is much better than some of us on here.  And at least you use spell check, which many on here do not even have a clue what it is.  But you certainly have been bitten, and it seems to be, that you not only have you been bitten, but wrestled to the ground, and are totally hooked on bow making!  Welcome to the addiction!  We are glad you have decided to be a part of this group.  You will find that there is indeed, not only a large amount of knowledge here, but a  great desire to share that knowledge.  But not in a "Superior" manner, but in a most humble, manner, and a deep desire to learn from you also.
You may be just beginning in the process of making bows, but you very well may have learned techniques from your instructors, that would benefit us also.  Again welcome, and don't be intimidated, by some of the vast knowledge that is on here, they all started out, in the dark, and worked their way to the light. ;)  Enjoy all this site has to offer.  It is a site, that has many categories, all of them belonging to the love of archery.

Wayne