Author Topic: arrows in Missouri?  (Read 1833 times)

Offline RedBear1313

arrows in Missouri?
« on: June 28, 2014, 01:02:17 am »
hey guys, pretty new to primitive archery and was wondering what is the best and most easiest to find/harvest material for arrow shafting around here?

I live in KC.
Hold on to what you can't remember, make sense of what you can't decipher.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: arrows in Missouri?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 02:27:13 pm »
RedBear...by far the easiest to find here in Mo. is multifloral rose. My woods are full of hickory so i got a steady supply of hickory shoots. Theyre heavy but tuff. I mostly buy bamboo tomatoe stakes at any Home Do-It type place. They are very inexpensive and hold up very well. I live just north of Columbia.. If you can get to Mojam in Marshall in 3 weeks you will learn alot more than i can tell ya here.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Patches

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 11:37:12 pm »
Red bear, there is a lot of grey and rough dogwood growing in the highway right of ways in the KC area. MoDOT is spraying it right now. You may want to see about cutting some.  Koan is right, try for bamboo at the box stores, multi flora rose is abundant, if you have access to a saw, cut your own shafts from a preferred material. And yes, if you can make it to MoJam in Marshall, you can see all types of shafting materials, and probably shoot any type you want. Tat way you can figure out what you like.

What part of KC you from? I live in Warrensburg, about 40 miles SE of KC.

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline RedBear1313

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 06:40:09 pm »
just south of kc, a suburb.

so we'll say south kc---belton grandview area
Hold on to what you can't remember, make sense of what you can't decipher.