Author Topic: Another new guy, this one's from the Netherlands  (Read 3956 times)

Offline Colindemo

Another new guy, this one's from the Netherlands
« on: July 07, 2014, 04:23:09 pm »
I already posted some questions on this forum and figured it was time I did some introducing. I'm Colin from the Netherlands (Amsterdam) and I'm new to bowbuilding. I've made 2 flatbows so far and they both worked out quite well for someone building with a budget as low as mine. They are both made from ash boards and pull about 50-60# at 30'', one of these bows can be seen in the pictured below.

At the moment I'm trying my hand on a warbow made from an ash log and I'm still figuring out the tools of the trade so I'll probably be bothering you guys a lot with my questions. To keep all these questions in one place instead of scattered around the forum I will start a build-along topic in the warbow section.

I hope I can amaze some of you with my warbow when its finished and maybe even help some of you out with your issues when I have gained some more experience with bowbuilding.

Made and bred in Holland, please return if found

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Another new guy, this one's from the Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 05:56:50 pm »
Welcome to PA, Colin I believe we have one or 2 other guys from the Netherlands.
  The guys on the War Bow section are very knowledgeable and generous with their war bow information.
Don't forget to come back and visit us "other" bow guys. Your bow pictured has a very nice bend especially for a newbie builder. From the look on your face I'd say it was closer to 60# or more.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 04:59:46 am »
Welcome,glad to have you on board. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Colindemo

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 05:52:00 pm »
@Pat B. This one actually was the slightly lighter 50# one, it took my girlfriend some time to figure out how to take a picture with my phone hence the tensed up face  ;D
Made and bred in Holland, please return if found