Author Topic: Partridge  (Read 7840 times)

Offline Slackbunny

Partridge
« on: July 09, 2014, 01:01:27 pm »
How do you cook it?

I've always sliced it up and cooked it in the frying pan with olive oil, sea salt, and some herbed garlic. But I'm looking to broaden my horizons when this season starts up in a few months. How do you do it?

JacksonCash

Re: Partridge
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 01:27:14 pm »
My mother always cooked it with a maple syrup glaze- no idea what her recipe is, and it has been years since I've had it, but man do I remember that being good!

Offline bubby

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 04:58:56 pm »
I've never had it but it would have to be good smoked
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 07:50:37 pm »
My mother always cooked it with a maple syrup glaze- no idea what her recipe is, and it has been years since I've had it, but man do I remember that being good!

I'd eat just about anything with a maple glaze. Every year I tell myself that I'm going to tap a few trees and make my own, but I never seem to get around to it. Next year though...

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 09:29:24 pm »
Plucked, drawn, wrapped in bacon and roasted in a hot oven!  Side of roasted potatoes with diced peppers and onions, and coleslaw.  Gimme a nice bottle of pinot noir with that and I will dance up the 13 stairs to get hung, cuz that sounds like a perfect last meal.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 09:43:04 pm »
Plucked, drawn, wrapped in bacon and roasted in a hot oven!  Side of roasted potatoes with diced peppers and onions, and coleslaw.  Gimme a nice bottle of pinot noir with that and I will dance up the 13 stairs to get hung, cuz that sounds like a perfect last meal.
I am pretty sure grouse is the same.
I used to pop em and clean em. Just skin out the breast. Mom would roast/bake em.
Only thing I was denied was the wine. :) Gotta run. late for dinner.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 09:49:24 pm »
The young of the year sharptail grouse is best roasted whole.  The two year old birds are stronger and I cut the breast meat in strips, dredge in egg and cornmeal and pan fry. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.