Author Topic: Post your MOJam picture's here! The bow explosion pic is here!  (Read 14538 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
I had an unbelievably awesome time at mojam! This was my first time but it won't be my last!

I would like to see that if everyone that took pictures would post them here? I only got a few, and would like to see what all I missed.  I will be on later to post some of the pics I got once I can get them uploaded tonight.

P.s. I would like to say a special thank you to to a young man that inspired me a lot the last few day's. RJ your an awesome young man!

Also a big thank you to, Dave, Eric, Neil, Kent, Loyd, Lynn, Tim, Bob, No Nose, and so many more that I can't remember the name's. You guy's are awesome, and have an amazing wealth of knowledge and aren't afraid to share it.
I felt like part of a family even though I had never met you all in person until Thursday morning! Patrick
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 07:39:37 pm by lebhuntfish »
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline lebhuntfish

Re: Post your MOJam picture's here!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 11:17:11 am »
Here are a few pics that I got. The first couple are of an English long bow with a 125lb draw. First two are the owner of the bow shooting, then one of me shooting it. The arrows are 1/2" ash with a weight of 1750 grains. Then a few shots of some first bows being made, there was a lot of first bows worked on and finished this year. Mine was one of them as well!

Here is is my second Osage bow, I'm getting the tips lined up and putting a little reflex in the whole thing.

And last but not least "No Nose" the comedian of the party!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Josh B

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 12:19:05 pm »
Thanks for sharing your pics Patrick!  As usual, I got to having such a good time that I forgot to take any.  BTW, the fellow with the warbow is the notorious John Murray.  I believe Murray is his last name anyway.  Josh

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 12:25:30 pm »
Yeah I remember meeting him and talking to him for a while. He just happened to be one of the name's I forgot! Thanks Gun Doc, and it was nice visiting with you 2! Patrick

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 01:09:29 pm »
Thats my wife's quilt that James is showing off, he proceeded to defile it in a way that I think is irreversible.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 02:59:33 pm »
That's funny Tom Sawyer, (I forgot your name but remember your face) sometimes you have to run things through a double wash cycle! Tell your wife I said that is a beautiful quilt! Is it hand stitched or machine sewn? Either way it was beautiful! I watched my grandma and my mom make that stuff all the time. Patrick

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 03:07:26 pm »
Here is a pic of Dave, with his patented pencile in the beard. Thanks buddy for all the help you gave me on my bow's. And especially a big thanks for all of the work you put in helping all of the young men and women that was making their first bow! I hope to come up with something awesome for that stave you gave me! Patrick.

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 04:02:42 pm »
She sewed and quilted it with a sewing machine, hand stitched the edge.

Patrick you got that war bow back real good!

My wife has some pics, I'll see if I can get some posted soon.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 04:11:25 pm »
Hey thanks Tom, it wasn't as hard to draw as I thought it would be. That said, it was still pretty stout!

She done a really good job!

Offline gifford

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 06:01:37 pm »
Yep, Dave is a real stand up guy and he'll give you the shirt off his back. Yes, he has. Literally. Dave, I owe you big time.

Offline nonose

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 07:44:58 pm »
I had a grand time. Thanks to all that help make this work.I will post some pics later.P.S. lenny the pickles are wonderful.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 02:40:03 pm »
Looks like an awesome time !
Heat must of been down from normal
wish is was not so far from home would like to go some time
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 02:43:13 pm »
Here is a pic of Dave, with his patented pencile in the beard. Thanks buddy for all the help you gave me on my bow's. And especially a big thanks for all of the work you put in helping all of the young men and women that was making their first bow! I hope to come up with something awesome for that stave you gave me! Patrick.

Ol' Dave is a keeper for sure!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 04:47:34 pm »
Dave's beard is a heck of a pencil keeper too!  ;D
 Keep the pics coming guys. I've never been to MoJam but it is, and has been on my bucket list since it began.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 05:25:54 pm »
I did a particularly poor job of taking pictures at MOJAM this year.  I get so caught up in the fun stuff that I forget to make pictures of it all.

Posted below are a few I managed to collect from my brother, my son and my nephews.  I promise, next year I'll take a moment to snap a few pix of all the fun!

I'm just glad nobody has come up with pix of certain fools that might have gone target shooting at 2 AM when they were far too "into their cups" to have any business handling projectile weapons!   :-X

OneBow