Author Topic: Fresh Maters...........  (Read 7816 times)

Offline chamookman

Fresh Maters...........
« on: July 22, 2014, 06:19:17 am »
Who's getting them ? It'll be quite a while before We get any here in Michigan. The Pics Pappy had in the Life is Good forum got Me drooing for a fresh one. I don't buy those red things they try to pawn of in the grocery stores. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Fresh Maters...........
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 08:59:05 am »
I picked a few Sweet 100 yesterday but most of them have split from too much rain. These are the first for the year for us.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Stoker

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 10:12:20 am »
Just got little green balls.. Not ripe for a coupla weeks yet...
Pat- Sweet 100's are the best
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 02:20:33 pm »
We eat them like candy, Leroy.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 04:25:28 pm »
been eating fresh cherry tomatoes for a month .
but we cheated the wife bought a porch tomato plant early on that already had maters on it.
none of my plants that are in the ground have anything even close to ripe
Kevin

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 10:09:40 pm »
We had ours back in February along with strawberries, it's too hot now. we have gone through maters, corn, watermelons, cantalopes. I think the next thing will be potato's.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Newindian

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 01:36:56 am »
Been harvesting for at least a month half a dozen kinds I think (sadly no sweat one hundreds ) I have a new favorite tomato by faaaaaaaar, try the Kellogg's  breakfast tomato if you haven't yet.
Also have a lot of squash , although those are running out, fair amount of beans and peas had some artichoke when summer started. I think there is nearly Half a bushel of okra downstairs , plenty of peppers also have watermelon and cantaloupe on the way (if the heat doesn't kill them).
My father has got really into the gardening this year.
I like free stuff.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 07:15:50 am »
I don't garden any more, I'm lucky enough to have a couple of Friends that keep Me with all I need. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 01:10:36 pm »
I scored some beautiful green tomatoes yesterday from a buddy at work. Going to slice them up tonight, roll them in corn meal and fry them up!