Author Topic: ?? on static recurve bendy handle  (Read 1244 times)

Offline jstason

?? on static recurve bendy handle
« on: July 28, 2014, 11:03:51 pm »
I am working on an Osage stave right now that is going to be around 58" NTN and its going to bend through the handle. I was wondering with my draw of 28" if I would be able to put some small radius hooks on the ends or if I should just go with a more gentle reflexed tip? I was just starting to floor tiller before I left for Canada (my mother decided we should drive up there this year from Texas haha). I should get pictures up when i get back, I might back this one with some birch bark I've collected.

Thanks a ton
Jack

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: ?? on static recurve bendy handle
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 11:35:57 pm »
The more radically the tips are reflexed or recurved the more stress on the bow. It is possible to put radical hooks but your tillering will have to be spot on.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: ?? on static recurve bendy handle
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 07:07:46 am »
Id go for very tight statics if that is what your after. Use as little limb as possible. I like a quart paint can radius.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
Simon
Bavaria, Germany