Author Topic: "Mingo"  (Read 5836 times)

Offline DuBois

Re: "Mingo"
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 02:22:36 am »
Very nice! Is the handle wrap a cotton twine? It is hard to see in the pics. Just curious cause I like the look. Thanks.
Marco

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 12:30:53 pm »
Nice bow Steve-O! Like that color a lot.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 01:15:31 pm »
That's an awesome looking bow Steve.  Really nice.  The photo is cool too - makes me think that the Rules of the Pool could easily be enforced by a lifeguard with a bow. ;D
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline wildman

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 01:10:59 am »
Very slick looking bow there Steve! When did you get a shirt?????
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline skarhand

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 10:14:40 am »
Well, "Mingo" has found a great new home, lol.

Thank you so much Parnell. It is a beautiful bow, and shoots very smoothly. It was raining last night so I just shot a few arrows off the porch and made the kids run out and get them, lol. But I look forward to using it more. Now I just need to build a bow rack, since my "Weapon Corner" as the kids call it, is getting too full.

I have never shot a bow before without a rest so that might take some getting use to. Any tips? Should I wear a glove? or is there a trick to keeping the arrow from scraping your hand?

Thanks again!

Joshua

Offline Parnell

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2014, 08:15:27 pm »
Glad it arrived safely!  I'm on vacation in TN so sorry for the delay.  The handle wrap is just cotton, Doob.  I like them the most in my hand.  I'm not much of an arrow shelf guy.  Like the raw stuff but I suppose its all practice!  Hope it brings you happiness and some fun.  Like I wrote, I think that bow will pick up weight in your neck of the woods.  Especially during the winter!
1’—>1’

Offline Parnell

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 08:15:52 pm »
Very slick looking bow there Steve! When did you get a shirt?????

I keep a few around, Buddy!  Ha!
1’—>1’