Author Topic: Osage Question  (Read 5840 times)

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

Re: Osage Question
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 10:47:33 pm »
I'm working the sides down right now so I can see the rings and take it down to bow dimentions so there's less back to work on   ;D ;D ;D ;D

i don't even know if this stave will make a bow right now, he did a super hacking job around a Knot and made a snake where wasn't necessary, I'll post pictures when iI get the stave to a better looking shape
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 03:15:13 am »
The more I work on this stave the less confident I get.

I've started the ring chasing and seems to be a pretty easy and straight forward thing, on the other hand the roughing out around the knot really scares me, don't understand why he did it that way  :o :o

plan for this bow was to make a take down since the roughting out at the handle is really bad too, but now i just don't know if I put more hours in it.

BTW, anyone out there as 2 billets to make an Osage take down ?
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Will H

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 07:56:18 am »
Post a couple pics manny. Maybe folks can better help ya out .
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline PatM

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 10:19:13 am »
Put up one of your bows for trade and you'll have a bunch of guys rushing out on an Osage clear cutting spree.

Offline Dean Marlow

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 11:08:49 am »
Manny take some pics of the osage and that will help. I have some extra dry osage billets.

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 01:22:47 am »
Put up one of your bows for trade and you'll have a bunch of guys rushing out on an Osage clear cutting spree.

;D ;D ;D ;D well, I sold all my old bows, all i have now is a YEW bow that I put a big nick on the side of the sapwood taking a big tumble hunting Saturday   :( :( :( so I'm not so sure of it's integrity, I just finished a Guava ELB and that is now my only hunter.

I think I'll put this Osage away again and maybe make a kid bow in the future.

I just pulled a Wine Maple stave and put a good amount of work in it,

if all goes to plans it's gonna be a......... 58" rawhide backed, reflex deflex, mollegabet with a Hill style grip,...is that enough of a plan ?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm still looking for Osage Billets to make a take down anyway  ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

blackhawk

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 08:21:20 am »

I just pulled a Wine Maple stave and put a good amount of work in it,

if all goes to plans it's gonna be a......... 58" rawhide backed, reflex deflex, mollegabet with a Hill style grip,...is that enough of a plan ?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Don't forget to post that if she survives...my mid 50's length r/d Molly's,and molly curves are usually my main go to hunting bows...but I leave the hill style handle out cus that ain't my style ;)