Author Topic: Scalloping Homosassa  (Read 2774 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

Scalloping Homosassa
« on: July 28, 2014, 12:41:31 am »
A couple weekends ago a friend of mine took us out on his boat scalloping.  We stayed out three days on the boat.  I like sleeping on a boat, it's nice.

The guy on the left is the falconer and the guy on the right is my arborist and the boat captain.  Yes, I get a text with an address and tree species that's laying by the road so I can just go pick it up.  That bucket is one persons limit per day and the four of us limited out 2/3 days.

We caught several sharks.  I got some video of this one after the release.  They were very shy and wouldn't come close to the chum bag.

We went up the river to the spring to drop off our limit at the truck and hung out by the spring and washed ourselves and made new (drunk) friends that thought I was Jesus... Even after I told them I was Primitive Tim.  I had to show off my aerial abilities to my new friends.  After that I got all kinds of suggestions on what kind of flip to do... I did them all  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWNnQTdWhxc&list=UU9l4lrfkOEV5iNSju5GxM_g
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline chamookman

Re: Scalloping Homosassa
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 05:20:24 am »
Really liked the Arrow tutorial Tim ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 12:27:34 am »
Nice Tim
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 09:08:49 am »
Yum ,they closed scallops years ago around here due to over harvesting.There's still a few here and there.Been hooking snappers lately ,tasty for sure.
Roger
Venice Florida

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 01:11:11 pm »
Yum ,they closed scallops years ago around here due to over harvesting.There's still a few here and there.Been hooking snappers lately ,tasty for sure.
Roger
They're talking about not opening it next year.  We kind of had a hard time getting out limit and we had to get out deeper than everyone else.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Zuma

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 04:23:15 pm »
When I lived on Cape Cod we used to scoop the little bugger up
while sailing over the grass beds.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.